Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Aromasin

Options
dianna h
dianna h Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi I am new to this site, my name is Dianna I had breast cancer 16 yrs ago and now have a secondary in my hip, I have completed radiation for 15 treatments and  am about to start to Aromasin daily tablet and Prolia injections monthly  and would like to hear from anyone that has had the same treatment as I am pretty scared about the side effects 

Tagged:

Comments

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Dianna,

Welcome to the site, though of course, none of us would choose to be here. You will find many other women who are in a similar situation.

I also have bone mets, and find the treatment doesn't cause too many problems.   Although I am not on the same as you, Aromasin is one of the aromatase inhibitors and I was on Arimidex for quite a while. The side effects were OK - some joint pain, hot flushes, etc - bearable. I think Prolia is denosumab and I have no problems at all with that. Some people have flu-like symptoms after the first treatment, but then settle down.

I hope the radiation has helped with any pain.

Best wishes....    Pam

• dianna h
    dianna h Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much for responding, hearing from someone in a similar position realy helps.  Pain is much better.   I have not started treatment with meds yet so you comments helped calm my fears a lot

• Conniefrances
    Conniefrances Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I just found out acouple of weeks ago that my lung now has cancer too. End of 2010 i got breast cancer had mastectomy, port, chemo, radiation, a week before i was all done i got diagnosed bone cancer (august 2011)since then had hysterectomy. (Finally sumthing benign :) ) hav spot radiation when needed. My ribs, hips, spine. Reduction on my poor normal breast to even things up may 2013 Had full hip replacement june 2013. Now the lungs is there anyone in similar situation its really painful to walk now i had 1 lot of radiation acouple of weeks ago and have started chemo pill s2 days ago. Chemo -capecitabine. Has anyone had that? My daughter has a school trip and im hoping i wont be too sick to go. Hows the side effects? Its been nearly 4 years n never ending bad news. I really dont know much about the lung cancer. I was so shocked. I thought ct would be fine because im so well. Apart from limp and pain anyway. Its just my insides gone to crap!. Im struggling abit now because at least if not in organs im doing pretty good and now thats changed. Im only 27 and im worried i wont make it to my 30's.
    So if anyone has any ideas or advice that would be great even just to have a chat. I dont have many people to talk to. Thanks everyone,
    Connie.
  • Conniefrances
    Conniefrances Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I just found out acouple of weeks ago that my lung now has cancer too. End of 2010 i got breast cancer had mastectomy, port, chemo, radiation, a week before i was all done i got diagnosed bone cancer (august 2011)since then had hysterectomy. (Finally sumthing benign :) ) hav spot radiation when needed. My ribs, hips, spine. Reduction on my poor normal breast to even things up may 2013 Had full hip replacement june 2013. Now the lungs is there anyone in similar situation its really painful to walk now i had 1 lot of radiation acouple of weeks ago and have started chemo pill s2 days ago. Chemo -capecitabine. Has anyone had that? My daughter has a school trip and im hoping i wont be too sick to go. Hows the side effects? Its been nearly 4 years n never ending bad news. I really dont know much about the lung cancer. I was so shocked. I thought ct would be fine because im so well. Apart from limp and pain anyway. Its just my insides gone to crap!. Im struggling abit now because at least if not in organs im doing pretty good and now thats changed. Im only 27 and im worried i wont make it to my 30's.
    So if anyone has any ideas or advice that would be great even just to have a chat. I dont have many people to talk to. Thanks everyone,
    Connie.
  • Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Conniefrances,

You have posted this on the end of Dianna's post, so it won't be obvious to many others. I suggest you post again in the Advanced/Secondary group.

I am so sorry to hear you have had bad news about your lungs. While I also have mets, mine are in the bones and liver, and I haven't yet been treated with capecitabine. So I haven't much advice to offer, but I am sure there are a number of women who could share relevant experiences.

In the meantime, I can understand your fear - we live in such uncertainty. Try to remember that we are all different, and there are many different treatments available. I hope that the chemo is not too unkind to you and produces good results.

Best wishes....    Pam

• KathleenT
    KathleenT Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dianna

I have bone mets in my lower back, which has been there since my first breast cancer diagnosis in 2010. They tried some radiation, because I was experiencing some pain from it, and I do have the regular 6 weekly Denosumab injection. I haven't had any particular side effects with that.

It's odd (but good I guess) that the cancer in my back hasn't changed size or moved for 4 years-just hurts sometimes. Mostly when I get into bed at night. Apart from that, having had 2 mastectomies 12 months apart, I'm going fairly well. Just seem to need a lot if sleep..( she says, writing this at 3.40am!!)

I'm in some other groups-Arimidex, this one and I've just started one-Depression & anxiety, so come on over if you can relate!
    Hugs and best wishes
    Kathleen x