Just diagnosed

TheresaW
TheresaW Member Posts: 34
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Just diagnosed this week, everything happening very quickly. Surgery happening on Tuesday, feeling very apprehensive of the pathology results but taking one step at a time..
Tagged:

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Hi Theresa , well welcome is not what you would want to hear, but I'm glad you've found us, it's scary it's happening so fast for you, and being scared is normal,but at least they are on to it and you don't have to wait to long.pathology at least gives you your plan of what's going to happen. Waiting becomes the worst thing as the brain concocts all sorts of ridiculous thoughts, the good thing is we all go through it so your not alone, yelling , having a cry , and the sense of is disbelief usually go hand in hand . We do come out at the end, like many ladies will tell you. I hope you have the my journey kit which is invaluable, which you can Order for free here, I still use mine 17months later. BCNA was my lifeline through bc, a great bunch of people who you've never met, but feel like you've known forever! All the best for your surgery. Regards adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Hi Theresa , well welcome is not what you would want to hear, but I'm glad you've found us, it's scary it's happening so fast for you, and being scared is normal,but at least they are on to it and you don't have to wait to long.pathology at least gives you your plan of what's going to happen. Waiting becomes the worst thing as the brain concocts all sorts of ridiculous thoughts, the good thing is we all go through it so your not alone, yelling , having a cry , and the sense of is disbelief usually go hand in hand . We do come out at the end, like many ladies will tell you. I hope you have the my journey kit which is invaluable, which you can Order for free here, I still use mine 17months later. BCNA was my lifeline through bc, a great bunch of people who you've never met, but feel like you've known forever! All the best for your surgery. Regards adean
  • Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015

Apprehension is usually high at this time, lots of waiting for results, waiting for surgery, waiting for treatment etc. You are doing the right thing with the 'one day at a time'. I have found it to be the best advice, it is hard to do sometimes when the mind wants to run off, but I'm trying to train myself. Stay positive, I wish you well with your surgery, hop on this site and let us know how you are going, take care,

Hazel xx

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Hi Theresa, welcome to this site. It is a great place to rant and rave and just vent your frustrations and fears. This is an awful time of the year to be tied up in fear and needing surgery. At a time when everyone is rushing around and thinking about Christmas, your mind is probably filled with many other thoughts. Things do move quickly, and you should have results before Christmas. I had BC 3 years ago in December, and 2 surgeries. The second surgery, a mastectomy and more lymph nodes removed happened on December 22. I was discharged from hospital on Christmas morning, with pathology results rushed through because it was Christmas. I still remember thinking my surgeon was like Santa Clause, as he waltzed in about 8 or 9 in the morning with wonderful pathology results. No more surprises and all lymph nodes clear. I wish you you a Happy Christmas with good pathology results. Good luck, Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Hi Theresa, welcome to this site. It is a great place to rant and rave and just vent your frustrations and fears. This is an awful time of the year to be tied up in fear and needing surgery. At a time when everyone is rushing around and thinking about Christmas, your mind is probably filled with many other thoughts. Things do move quickly, and you should have results before Christmas. I had BC 3 years ago in December, and 2 surgeries. The second surgery, a mastectomy and more lymph nodes removed happened on December 22. I was discharged from hospital on Christmas morning, with pathology results rushed through because it was Christmas. I still remember thinking my surgeon was like Santa Clause, as he waltzed in about 8 or 9 in the morning with wonderful pathology results. No more surprises and all lymph nodes clear. I wish you you a Happy Christmas with good pathology results. Good luck, Love Chris xx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015

It's great that you are able to have surgery before Christmas even though it seems everything is happening too fast. At least you won't have to face the holiday period anxious and scared about the unknown which can be debilitating in itself. I was diagnosed on 20 Dec last year and had to wait until the end of January for my lumpectomy. Needles to say Christmas last year was a wipeout for me. I couldn't think of anything else other than "will I pull through"? It was the longest five weeks of my life. But I can tell you I am nearly 1 year on and I have made it through.

Believe it or not this year has sped by for me. One day at a time has been my mantra right through my journey. I also love this quote and you might like it too. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have". Bob Marley.

Strength to you Theresa

Love Janey xxx

• TheresaW
    edited March 2015
    Hi Janey,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm certainly trying stay positive..been keeping very busy to take my mind off things also. Surgery tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Theresa
  • TheresaW
    edited March 2015
    Hi Chris,

I am so glad surgery is before Christmas, the waiting I think at the moment is the worst part. The surgeon said I would have results next Monday which is a relief. Hopefully good news for Christmas!

Theresa
  • TheresaW
    edited March 2015
    Hi Hazel,

I have found the site to be invaluable in the last couple of days. I'm staying positive & hope results are all good after surgery tomorrow.

Theresa
  • TheresaW
    edited March 2015
    Hi Adean,
    I have the 'my journey' kit, arrived today. I'm lucky to have a great network of friends & family so I'm very greatful. Fingers crossed with surgery tomorrow, so glad it has been booked in so soon & before Christmas. I'm staying very positive & hoping for good pathology results.

Theresa