Rosanna
Rosanna Member Posts: 284
edited November 2013 in Newly diagnosed

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 12NOV.  I am new to this subject.

Comments

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015

What should I do

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    I am so sorry that you too have been diagnosed with BC. This site is terrific for information and advice. You can click on people's names and read their blogs and some people also have their stories available to read.

If you have concerns you can post them on here and someone is usually able to give some advice or just chat to you about things.

The first few weeks after diagnosis are the hardest. There is a lot of waiting for appointments, waiting for results of tests, scans and pathology until finally you and your doctors know enough to form a treatment plan.

Try not to look or think too far ahead. Just take it one step at a time and come and chat on here if you need to calm your nerves. If you have someone who can go to appointments with you that is very helpful. It can be hard to remember and take in all the information when you are still in shock mode. Have you ordered your My Journey kit from BCNA? This is great for information about treatments etc and for keeping track of everything.

I wish you all the best and hope that things go as smoothly as possible for you. Take care. Deanne xx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Hello Rosanna.
    We are all right here to 'hold your hand' so to speak. You can come on to this wonderful network and ask questions, put down your thoughts, or just rant and rave if you like. It's a fantastic place to get things off you chest. Deanne and Gaylene have given you good advice in taking someone with you to your appointments. I still do. You'll find lots of good advice from our Pink Sisters here and lots and lots of support.
    Sending you hugs
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Hello Rosanna.
    We are all right here to 'hold your hand' so to speak. You can come on to this wonderful network and ask questions, put down your thoughts, or just rant and rave if you like. It's a fantastic place to get things off you chest. Deanne and Gaylene have given you good advice in taking someone with you to your appointments. I still do. You'll find lots of good advice from our Pink Sisters here and lots and lots of support.
    Sending you hugs
    Love Janey xxx