Hello My friends

Options
Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hello My dear friends,

Just a quick note to let you all know (coz I'm sure you are all waiting to know) I have Chemo Ed tomorrow and portacath procedure early next week. Thus almost beginning chemo prior to christmas. I have Look Good Feel Good Workshop on Monday 6th Dec. Cant wait.

I popped into to visit my work collegues today to cheer them up as they have been extremely stressed and needed cheering up. Armed with TimTams and Mint Slices we all chatted and laughed and had a great morning tea before they all headed back to work all happy and smiles from ear to ear. (my work here was done - for a week anyways) It seems work without me is not a happy place. You may have guessed, I'm the office clown that gets up to no good and practical jokes and makes the world go round. Looks like I will have to pop in weekly for there happy fix, it also makes my day/week as well.

We all made a pledge to have dinner together next week to really let our hear down before all my chemo starts. Looking forward to that I can tell you.

Well, my dears, that is about all from me for now. Take Care until my next blog.

Love Chrissy D  xoxoxox

Comments

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

Me again,

Had my chemo Ed session yesterday. My head is still swimming with all the do's and don'ts. Now waiting on surgeon to book to have portacath put in next week sometime and then 7 days after the op I can start chemo. So just before christmas I'm guessing.

I cant wait for my Look Good Feel Good workshop on Monday. REally looking forward to that.

Well I'm having a day at home today. Its pouring rain and a great day to read or watch a DVD. Hugs to all!!!

Cheers

Chrissy D

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chrissy,

Good to hear you are having a nice day at home. Sometimes that's what we really need. It's lovely that your work colleagues are keeping in touch. Nothing like a box of TimTams and Mint Slices to make you feel better. I attended a Look Good Feel Better workshop before I started my chemo and it was great. I remembered when I was going through chemo the little bits of advice that were given on the day about ways to make yourself better. It was such a fun day. I hope you have a great time.

Best wishes,

Caren

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chrissy,

Good to hear you are having a nice day at home. Sometimes that's what we really need. It's lovely that your work colleagues are keeping in touch. Nothing like a box of TimTams and Mint Slices to make you feel better. I attended a Look Good Feel Better workshop before I started my chemo and it was great. I remembered when I was going through chemo the little bits of advice that were given on the day about ways to make yourself better. It was such a fun day. I hope you have a great time.

Best wishes,

Caren