Network update

Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Hi all,

A big welcome to all our new members who've joined since launch on Friday -- it's great to see you all here!

Announce or promote your group

We're continuing to grow and now have almost 600 members. We also have many new groups.

To help make it easier for you to find a group that suits your interests, we've started the 'online group announcements' blog.  If you'd like to let everyone know about a group you've set up, then just join the 'Online group announcements' group, and make a new blog post giving a little bit of information about your group and who can join.

As an example of what you can do, I've made a post about the Getting Started group.  No need to follow that format exactly, but do remember to include a link to your group.

For new members

We'd ask all new members to please read our Network Terms of Use and Posting guidelines.

Once you have, here’s some suggestions for what to do next:

1. Complete your profile so others can find you and connect
  2. Visit the BCNA blog regularly so you can stay up-to-date with the latest activity
  3. Start a blog of your own
  4. Check out what people in your network are doing
  5. Start up or join a group to find others who share your interests or experiences.

If you get stuck, or need some help, then click on the 'help' or 'q&a' links at the top right of the network page.  Or visit the "getting started" blog and ask a question there.

That's it from me.  Have fun and feel free to ask if you need help.

Di

Comments

• CherieS
    CherieS Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hi
    I tried to join up online but have had issues with changing my password? I got the email with the temporary password, but when I clicked on the link it took me to the edit password page. It did not ask me for the temporary password, just took me to "change password" window. I tried entering the temp password twice, but it wouldn't accept this. I also tried entering my own password which it would not accept as it said that all the entries (inc the temp password) were not suitable to be "secure"??? I tried a variety of options to no avail? I am totally confused by this and would appreciate some help?

Cherie
  • Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Hi Cherie,

The temporary password does expire after a set time, so that may be the problem. The easiest thing might be to try the 'reset password' function. Just click on the green 'login' button at the top right of the homepage, and on the login screen, look for the 'forgotten password' link at the top right. Click on that, and follow the instructions, and the system will send you a new password to the email address you originally used to register.

If that doesn't work for you, then I can manually reset your password for you. It's best to do that through email rather than a public comment, though, so just send an email to bcnaonline @ bcna.org.au (take the spaces out), and we can take it from there.

Di