Pink Ribbon Ride Yesterday

Options
SamzRusty
SamzRusty Member Posts: 325
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Well, I think I pushed myself a bit hard over the weekend. I ride not only with my hubby, but 2 paramedic friends. 30mins before the ride was due to leave the Fiddler, my bloody pressure dropped & I almost hit the deck, so I didn't do the ride, but I was still there with everyone & we had a GREAT day!

We raised over $81,000 for the Westmead Breast Cancer Institute. There were also over 1600 bikes involved! I won best dressed bike :)

Here are a few pics of the day :) My Hubby is in the onesie....yes, he cooked. 

Sam xoxoxox

Tagged:

Comments

• Adriannenessel
    Adriannenessel Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done Sam!  You all looked great dressed in pink.  Adrianne XXX

• Adriannenessel
    Adriannenessel Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done Sam!  You all looked great dressed in pink.  Adrianne XXX

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Amazing amount of money raised. Shame you couldn't do the ride, but best to look after yourself. You all look amazing. Glad you got to enjoy the day.
    Paula
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Amazing amount of money raised. Shame you couldn't do the ride, but best to look after yourself. You all look amazing. Glad you got to enjoy the day.
    Paula
  • NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow Sam, you won and the 2 guys didnt, sounds rigged!  Bloody great job I recon, sorry you didnt get to ride, but obviously your personality made up for it.  Yep, you will get gentle reminders how much you can handle!  Well done.  I have volunteered to work at a stall and want to dress up in pink too at the end of this month. Oh funny, just read whats on the front of the singlet youre wearing!  I am going to paint something like that on a top, all depends on my results tomorrow what that will say.  My one year ones, results are coming the next day woo hoo.  x BEL

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow Sam, you won and the 2 guys didnt, sounds rigged!  Bloody great job I recon, sorry you didnt get to ride, but obviously your personality made up for it.  Yep, you will get gentle reminders how much you can handle!  Well done.  I have volunteered to work at a stall and want to dress up in pink too at the end of this month. Oh funny, just read whats on the front of the singlet youre wearing!  I am going to paint something like that on a top, all depends on my results tomorrow what that will say.  My one year ones, results are coming the next day woo hoo.  x BEL

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good luck bel, let us know how you get on. Xxxlouie
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes good luck Bel :)
    Janey xxx
  • Mariet
    Mariet Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam, Congrats on best dressed bike and well done on the amount raised.

Just to let you know, I am doing well on the Taxol have had 3 sessions now with aching legs that are now back to normal after doubling the dose of Magmin. Only 9 to go now with the last one due on 30th Dec.  Look out  2014, it's going to be MY year!!!!

All the best to you and take it easy,

Marie