What a week...

Options
jenpen
jenpen Member Posts: 315

My beautiful Mum's funeral was on Tuesday 8 Oct...sad ofcourse but also lovely to reflect on what a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother we had...she will be with us all forever and I will miss her like crazy!

On Friday 11 Oct I had my mastectomy. Goodbye right boob...thanks for nurturing my gorgeous babies!

My overnighter in hospital went ok...apart from my 2 snoring companions. I was happy to sleep in my own comfortable bed again!

I have my constant companion - drain/tube - sharing my personal space and feel I am rattling from all the drugs they've given me.

In two weeks I will take the 4 hour drive back to the city for my pathology results....quietly optomistic at the moment but tomorrow I may be back to worrying and bleak thoughts!

This has been a weird couple of weeks but I feel strong that I have got through to this stage...

ONE DAY AT A TIME.....How perfect!

Tagged:

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so glad that your op went well and that you are home with your loved ones. Your beautiful mum is right by your side. I feel my Dad is always with me too since he passed away 25 years ago. We are lucky that we have his records and we can listen to his songs. One Day At A Time was one of them.

As Mich said, your lovely smile shows your strength Jenny and I am sure you will get through this journey. We are all hear to listen and help when we can.

Love and strength
    Janey xxx
  • jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

oohhh...such a lovely message Mich....feel like I have found so many understanding ladies which is just wonderful! Thank goodness we have this site to help each other heal and get through the difficult times.....I do feel strong at the moment with my Mum's death and my diagnosis and mastectomy.....I hope this will last and my strength will continue to the next stage of my treatment!

Thanks so much for your support....and I wish you good wishes as well lovely friend....

Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Janey...so nice to have such lovely positive support.....it is so wonderful to be able to share this with others who are going throught the same thing....or have been through the same. 

I read you had suffered DVT....I am having an ultrasound on Wednesday as have had an ache in my right calf since I had my biopsy a month ago.....after reading your story I thought I would check it out just in case!

Wishing you a wonderful recovery also....Jenny x

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I now don't feel like I'm wasting anyone's time when I have a little pain that doesn't feel right. I will go straight to the GP. I've always resisted going to the Docs with colds and small complaints but not anymore. If my husband didn't mention my calf pain to our Doc I could have been in serious trouble. I thought it was just cramping. You don't get any bravery awards do you and you never know what this journey will throw at you so better to be a nuisance than sorry. As the saying goes, "the squeaky gate gets oiled".
    Love Janey xxx