Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

2 years on!

Celbird
Celbird Member Posts: 680
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Two years ago today I received news that would change my life forever... I was told I had breast cancer AGAIN (almost 3 years after my first diagnosis), this time throughout both lungs.

I was told surgery was not possible due to the extensive spread of the cancer, and there was no cure...my condition was terminal. The goal was to "manage" the cancer and make me as comfortable as possible.

• Cancer = 1 / Me = 0 :(

Promptly a treatment plan was put in to place, including a specific hardcore chemotherapy that usually works really well for most patients with my type of advanced BC. The treatment was aggressive, but the cancer was even more aggressive, with the cancer quickly and widely spreading throughout my bones - in my skull, ribs, upper and lower back, hip and pelvis.

• Cancer = 2 / Me = 0 :(

So enter "Mr V". ...the new chemo drug (Vinorelbine) who was to become my best friend :) Mr V. made me feel so much better...he allowed my hair to grow back, and make me feel less sick. More importantly, in my first lot of scans, Mr V. had made an impact...small but noticeable. The cancer was contained! As the many months passed, the cancer growth gradually slowed and even began to regress, with my condition deemed as "stable".

• Cancer = 2 / Me = 1 :)

In June this year, after 16 months of chemo, my loyal companion Mr V. made for the best news possible. The cancer is now "non-identifiable"! This was again confirmed in my more recent scans last month! :D

• Cancer = 2 / Me = 2 :D

No-one is sure for how long I will continue to have these wonderful results, but for now I am truly grateful. Tomorrow I head off to the Gold Coast on holiday to celebrate my 2 years of survivorship!..Woo-hoo!

? HAPPY "CANCERVERSARY"!!?

Comments

• VivW
    VivW Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, we all need to hear fantastic results like yours. 

The very best wishes to you.

Viv

• VivW
    VivW Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, we all need to hear fantastic results like yours. 

The very best wishes to you.

Viv

• Cat18
    Cat18 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    I am soooo very happy for you! May you have many more years of fantastic scans and results. Enjoy every minute of your holiday xxs Cath
  • pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015

Have a great time Celeste.  All the best, Kathy.

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

That is  great news. So happy for you. Enjoy your holiday. Big hugs . xxx

Debbie

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

That is  great news. So happy for you. Enjoy your holiday. Big hugs . xxx

Debbie

• Klea
    Klea Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015

So happy to hear that story. Fills me with hope  Keep going  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxenjoy your trip 

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Sooo very happy for you. Enjoy your holiday and have a celebratory bevy. You are so inspirational and have shown so much courage. Your fight and determination shone through. Fight this horrible disease and never let it get you down.
    Lots of love always - Pink sister- Julie xx
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Celeste

You are an inspiration!!!!!. I wish you happy 2 year suvivorship!!!!.  I wish you happy cancerversary!!!!!  I wish you happy happy holiday!!!!! most of all I wish and hope that this magical Mr V keeps on keeping on and keeps your cancer non-identifiable.  

I am so very happy for you Cellbird and so glad that you shared your great story with us.

Enjoy today, tomorrow and every day, Luv Mich xoxooxxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Celeste

You are an inspiration!!!!!. I wish you happy 2 year suvivorship!!!!.  I wish you happy cancerversary!!!!!  I wish you happy happy holiday!!!!! most of all I wish and hope that this magical Mr V keeps on keeping on and keeps your cancer non-identifiable.  

I am so very happy for you Cellbird and so glad that you shared your great story with us.

Enjoy today, tomorrow and every day, Luv Mich xoxooxxo

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

I love reading about your cancerversary's Celeste and I continue to do the happy dance for you!

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015

I love reading about your cancerversary's Celeste and I continue to do the happy dance for you!

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited March 2015
    What an amazing story. Inspirational!!! So good that Mr V has given you and hopefully others good news.
    Have a great holiday.
    Paula :)
  • the Foxs lady
    the Foxs lady Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2015

What a wonderful story.........this gives hope to everyone........God bless you and continue to keep you moving forward away from this adversary....