Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

birthday

Options
Klea
Klea Member Posts: 84
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi all,

Its my daughters 8th birthday this weekend. Usually for me its a happy time. This year is my first with ABC. Now its a scary time with me wondering if I will see her grow up. I feel I will fail her if i dont as I know I mean the world to her. I am trying to not let my fears ruin it for me but I am having a hard time. I feel my family is not as supportive as I need also. I have realized they will never change so i must not expect anything else so I am not continually dissapointed. I am trying to malke my friends my family now so I have a network and I am very lucky that I have them. I am off for scans in oct on soft tissues my first since treatment began. I am sure this is adding to my worries right now and yes I am giving myself all sorts of tumours. (crazy hey ) even though therre is no reason to think i have ,treatment is showing all signs of working. My blood markers are down bone scan showed improvements and no new spots but my silly mind is playing tricks on me.

Thats it for now I hope after getting that off my chest I can enjoy this birthday weekend  

Tagged:

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey sweetheart

You need to stop your worrying and enjoy this birthday.  It is very important for you that you do and also very important for your daughter.  They sense things so easily and she will know when things are wrong.

I can only imagine how tough you are doing it right now.  Family are only family because but friends are family because we chose them so you are lucky you have your friends around you.  You also have a new family right here on BCNA so remember to use us to just chat, vent, scream, yell and whatever you need to do at the time cause we do understand.

There is also Cancer Council that you can call on anytime you need to for so many things.  Their number is 131120.  They also have councillors you can talk to.  Have you joined any of the support groups here on BCNA - they may help if you need to.

I hope you have a beautiful day with your daughter for her birthday and with the treatments available to you today there is no reason the two of you can't share many more together.  

Thinking of you both, lots of love always, Mich xoxoxoxo

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Klea,
    I agree with what Mich has said. Embrace your friends, and let them be your strength. We can't choose our family, but we can choose our friends, and it seems that you have a nice group of them. We can be your online group of family, and we will support you. Please feel free to ask us anything you want. We understand how everything changes once we get that diagnosis of breast cancer. I hope you and your daughter have a lovely birthday weekend. I also wish you good results when you have your scans.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Klea,
    I agree with what Mich has said. Embrace your friends, and let them be your strength. We can't choose our family, but we can choose our friends, and it seems that you have a nice group of them. We can be your online group of family, and we will support you. Please feel free to ask us anything you want. We understand how everything changes once we get that diagnosis of breast cancer. I hope you and your daughter have a lovely birthday weekend. I also wish you good results when you have your scans.
    Love Chris xx
  • Klea
    Klea Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, 

I took your advice and had a lovely day . I tried not to be sad or cranky. I did have a great day but yes i could not get the nasty to leave my mind though.

Thanks for the words they do help me

xxxxxx