Forum for younger women with breast cancer

Thea
Thea Member Posts: 54
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Being diagnosed with breast cancer as a younger woman can bring many additional challenges and support needs.

BCNA is holding a free information forum in Sydney on Wednesday 9 October for younger women (under 45 years old) living with breast cancer.

Attendees at the forum will hear from breast cancer experts, including Professor John Boyages and Associate Professor Jane Turner, about:

• the latest in breast cancer treatment and care
  • breast reconstruction options
  • issues related to relationships and sexual wellbeing
  • the impact of breast cancer on children
  • improving emotional and physical wellbeing.

Date: Wednesday 9 October

Time: 6.00 – 9.00 pm

Venue:  Australian Technology Park, Henderson Rd, Locomotive Workshop, Bay 4 Atrium, Eveleigh (near Redfern Station).

Registration: Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
You are welcome to bring along your partner, a family member or friend.

We hope to see you there!
Thea

Tagged:

Comments

• Thea
    edited March 2015

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your comment - we always love to hear feedback on our speakers and I'm thrilled you have had such good experiences in the past.

I absolutely agree - Fran Boyle is fantastic! Her presentations are always so accessible and we're very lucky to have her in the BCNA family.

We hope to see as many Sydneysiders at our Young Women's Forum as possible!

Take care,
    Thea

• Thea
    edited March 2015

Hi All,

Just thought I would add in case you didn't already know that BCNA will also be holding 2 other forums in Sydney:

• Early breast cancer, 'The First Five Years' - Wednesday 9 October 10am - 3pm
    • Secondary breast cancer - Thursday 10 October 10am - 3pm

For more information or to register visit BCNA's forum page.

Thea

• Thea
    edited March 2015

Hi Lana,

I'm afriad we held a forum on the Gold Coast in October last year and don't have any plans to return in the near future.

Keep an eye out though - we get around the country and you never know when we'll be back!

Thea