Making a will

Options
kimj
kimj Member Posts: 4
edited November 2010 in Day to day

I 've been thinking about making a will since my diagnosis. I am a sole aprent and has only one daughter. I am also concerned about spending money just in case I can't earn enough to cover the mortgage. I suppose it is normal to worry about thsesthings?

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kim

sorry that you have to worry about these things, but yes it is normal to have these concerns.  I know when I was diagnosed I rang the bank to see if there was any clause on my mortgage if any thing should happen to me and they told me if I died my mortgage would be paid out (ummm, well that was refreshing)!!

Are you having treatment?

Hope you are travelling ok

Tanya

• kimj
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am experiencing pain in the arm, 9 days post-op and found it hard to get comfortable in bed. Wonder how long this will last? Thank you Tanya for your concerns and your message.

Kimj

• Tanya
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am assuming you have had an anxcillary clearance in your arm??  Is it a sharp pain or like a heavy feeling?

• Tanya
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am assuming you have had an anxcillary clearance in your arm??  Is it a sharp pain or like a heavy feeling?

• kimj
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, axillary clearance. Spasmodic sharp pain and heavy feeling.

K

• kathy.m
    kathy.m Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a trying time at present. Have you a small pillow to pop under your arm in bed, as it sometimes helps. Don't know what state youe are in but the Qld Cancer Fund has been known to provide these... Not sure about the other states. As far as wills go, I guess we all start to think that way from time to time and ofcourse everyone should have a will. The Public Trustee does free wills. Not sure if there is any small print. I imagine you would be able to get an idea from your lawyer if you have one, but I imagine there could be great differences in what they charge. Hope you are feeling a bit better by now, Kathy

• kathy.m
    kathy.m Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a trying time at present. Have you a small pillow to pop under your arm in bed, as it sometimes helps. Don't know what state youe are in but the Qld Cancer Fund has been known to provide these... Not sure about the other states. As far as wills go, I guess we all start to think that way from time to time and ofcourse everyone should have a will. The Public Trustee does free wills. Not sure if there is any small print. I imagine you would be able to get an idea from your lawyer if you have one, but I imagine there could be great differences in what they charge. Hope you are feeling a bit better by now, Kathy

• kimj
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your kind concerns. Yes, I discovered a pillow really helps and i am feeling a bit better. Thanks for the tips.

Kimj