New to BCNA

Options
Elisha85
Elisha85 Member Posts: 38
edited November 2010 in General discussion

Good Evening,

This is my first Blog i was diagnosed with bc on 11/11/2010 i had my surgery on 17/11/2010 and i get my results on 25/11/2010 and it feels like its taking forever to get here.

I look forward to hearing from you im 25 and have no family history of bc so it was a huge shock when i was told. I am very lucky to have awesome, husband, family and friends though.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha and welcome! :)  If you need a hand finding your way around the network just shout.  Or you can check out the 'Help' page for some info on getting started.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha, Welcome to the site, there are a load of helpful women on here who are going and have gone through the journey, and i have found there is a great support network, it is always great to have husband, family and friends around, and makes the journey so much easier, have you requested the My journey Kit from this site, i used it, and it is a great support package with information, Journal etc, also a cd for you husband to listen to, so well worth requesting it.  Do you know what other treatment you are going to have? Hopefully some of the younger girls on here will see your post and be in touch, but meanwhile, please keep comming back and let us know how you are doing, and we are all there for you.  Take Care Moira

• moira1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha, Welcome to the site, there are a load of helpful women on here who are going and have gone through the journey, and i have found there is a great support network, it is always great to have husband, family and friends around, and makes the journey so much easier, have you requested the My journey Kit from this site, i used it, and it is a great support package with information, Journal etc, also a cd for you husband to listen to, so well worth requesting it.  Do you know what other treatment you are going to have? Hopefully some of the younger girls on here will see your post and be in touch, but meanwhile, please keep comming back and let us know how you are doing, and we are all there for you.  Take Care Moira

• moira1
    edited March 2015
    Options

• megssie
    megssie Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Elisha, i was also diagnosed at 25 (now 27) and had no family history as well, so can understand the total shock, hope you are travelling well and its great you have strong support around you, if you would like to chat inbox me or im happy to chat over the phone if that helps as i found that having people who have been through it was an invaluble tool! sorry writing this when meant to be working so might be rushed with bad grammer opps!

Megssie xx

• Elisha85
    Elisha85 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW. I can feel it already this is the best move i have made :o)

Talking to Family and friends is awesome but sharing storied nd experiences with people who have and are going through the same thing is a totally different experience.

I find out on Thursday this week the results from everything that was done in my operation i had 2 lumps 1 was 1cm and the other 1.5cm these were both in my right brest and both removed as a whole as they were close enough together.

I also had some glands removed from my underarm as that is where the lumps were draining too.

My surgeon told me that we got it early and im lucky they were on the surface as i would not have found them otherwise. So if my results are all good on Thursday i will need 6 weeks of Radiotherapy.

Elisha x 

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha

Good luck with the results on Thursday - I hope it is all good news for you.

I am similar to Tanya in that I was first diagnosed at 35 and then again at 42.....a fair bit older than you!  There are a lot of girls, unfortunately, that seem to be being diagnosed earlier and earlier.  I really hope that you found your lumps well and truly in time and that you need no further treatment for the rest of your life.

Take care,

Louise