cushiion pattern

Options
sew and sew
sew and sew Member Posts: 2
edited November 2010 in Day to day

My first time creating a blog.

I would love to sew comfort cushions and also bags to hold drainage bottles etc. Where can I find patterns or measurements. Hope someone can help.

Sew and sew

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Don't have a pattern for you, sorry, but just wanted to say congrats on the first blog!   It worked beautifully! :)

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, what a great idea you have.

When I was diagnosed and had my first appointment with Kay - my wonderful Brease Cancer Support Nurse in Mildura - she gave me a small cushion and a multi-purpose bag which could be used for keeping x-rays together or holding drainage bottles.

The cushion is 30cm square, and the bag is the size of your average x-ray (bag had smallish handles).  They looked very simple to make - squares joined together ... the cushion cover had a washable,removable stuffing bag inside it.

I found the cushion wonderful for tucking under my right armpit (r/h boob  off), it took the pressure off the wound.  I carted it with me for about three months.

There are a group of ladies (Cancer Survivors) who work in conjunction with the Sunraysia Cancer Resource Centre and are responsible for making these items.  They are made from a pretty floral material with a large pink heart in the centre... and a small tag attached to the heart  >>"Refresh" 

Good luck with your project .... the results will be appreciated.

Cheers ..... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, what a great idea you have.

When I was diagnosed and had my first appointment with Kay - my wonderful Brease Cancer Support Nurse in Mildura - she gave me a small cushion and a multi-purpose bag which could be used for keeping x-rays together or holding drainage bottles.

The cushion is 30cm square, and the bag is the size of your average x-ray (bag had smallish handles).  They looked very simple to make - squares joined together ... the cushion cover had a washable,removable stuffing bag inside it.

I found the cushion wonderful for tucking under my right armpit (r/h boob  off), it took the pressure off the wound.  I carted it with me for about three months.

There are a group of ladies (Cancer Survivors) who work in conjunction with the Sunraysia Cancer Resource Centre and are responsible for making these items.  They are made from a pretty floral material with a large pink heart in the centre... and a small tag attached to the heart  >>"Refresh" 

Good luck with your project .... the results will be appreciated.

Cheers ..... Shirl xx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi sew and sew, thats a good idea, after my op i was given a Zonta cushion at the hospital which hung on my shoulder and was made of silk, This is a group of people who make these cushions the web site is http://www.zontabotanybay.org/ZontaBreastCareCushion.htm maybe you could have a look there. and also Welcome and thank you for joining the network, i am sure your cushions will be gratefully appreciated as mine was. Regards Moira

• sew and sew
    sew and sew Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks ladies for your replys  about cushion patterns. Have a great pattern, found on the good old net. Been to my local patchwork shop and chose a few pretty pieces of cotton fabric. Looking forward to starting the first of many.

Sew and sew