Invitation: Join the private Breast Reconstruction group

Options
LouiseTurner
LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for lovely ladies who have undergone breast reconstruction and wish to share their experience! It doesn't matter when you had your reconstruction, you may have had it done years ago or just recently.

I have started a private group called 'Breast Reconstruction' to share stories and images of reconstruction. There are ladies in the group who have joined and are looking for all sorts of answers and you might just be the right person they need to connect in with.

Please consider joining this private and secure group to share your story and if you are comfortable, pop up a picture.

Click the link below to take you to the private group: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026

Important: All member requests go to me (LouiseTurner) as group facilitator and I will review and approve. This helps to ensure your privacy is maintained.

Louise

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am in the process of soon to have prophylactic mastectomy and double reconstruction. Would I be able to join this group please?
    Paula
  • jandy23
    jandy23 Member Posts: 234
    edited March 2015
    Options

Louise that is such a great idea! I only had a lumpectomy myself so I don't need it but if I were going to have a mastectomy and reconstrution that would be exactly the sort of site I would want to go to. I've read so many queries on here from peopole soon to  undergo those procedures so I'm it will be invaluable to many woman. Good on you for taking the initiative.

• jandy23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Louise that is such a great idea! I only had a lumpectomy myself so I don't need it but if I were going to have a mastectomy and reconstrution that would be exactly the sort of site I would want to go to. I've read so many queries on here from peopole soon to  undergo those procedures so I'm it will be invaluable to many woman. Good on you for taking the initiative.

• Adriannenessel
    Adriannenessel Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Louise, I am due to have a bilateral mastectomy on 30/08/13 & intend to have breast reconstruction after my treatment is finished & I feel strong enough. I would very much like to join this group as I am sure that I can benefit from women' experiences & I would be willing to share my experiences too.
    Regards Adriane
  • LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done on completing chemo, its a hard road. It is wise to have arest before goin down the recon path. It might take some planning, so hopefully you will find some answers by joining this group when youre ready. Just follow the link and request membership. http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026

i hope you recover well

XXXLouie

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

You absolutely can join this group. Go to http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026 and request membership. I am glad you have found us and hope we can be of assistance. When you have membership, if you post a little about yourself and what you are looking for i am sure you will find ladies will respond.

XXXLouie

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

Its nice to read your positive response to this new site. perhaps if you read about others looking for this type of information you might direct them, XXXLouie

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good luck with your big operation coming up. It can be a very scary thing to contemplate. I am fortunate i think to have had the opportunity to have an immediate recon, so can only imagine what you might be feeling about your surgery. Alot of people say its a good thing to have the mastectomy first and let your body heal before having the reconstruction done. It also gives you lots of planning time.

Do please joing the group, go to http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026 and request membership. Then post an introduction about what you are looking for when you feel up to it.

XXXLouie

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Louise, such a wonderful idea, and I would like to join as well. I have competed bilateral reconstruction with silicone implants. Love Chris xx
  • LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have responded to your request and am happy that you will bring your implant experiences to the group.

XXXLouie

• jandy23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Will do Louise.

• Peta76
    Peta76 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, 

I have just found out that I am BRCA 1 positive and have decided to have a bilateral mastectomy. I would love to join this group and get as much information as I can, from people who have taken this brave journey.

Peta

• Peta76
    Peta76 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, 

I have just found out that I am BRCA 1 positive and have decided to have a bilateral mastectomy. I would love to join this group and get as much information as I can, from people who have taken this brave journey.

Peta

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is big news, but better to know and act and take control where you can. You are very welcome to join the group, please follow the below link and request membership, L:)

http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026

• leanne 29
    leanne 29 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Louise - I would like to join your group as I had tissue expanders put in when I had my bi lateral mastectomy 9 days after my cancer diagnosis last November and hope to have my implants in by November - 12 mths. Thank you  Xxx