New

Gaylene
Gaylene Member Posts: 20
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have secondary breast cancer. Was originally diagnosed in Sept 2006 with stage 4 BC and had chemo, mastectomy, and radiation. Then in June 2011 we found bone mets and a new primary in other breast and lymph nodes. I then had chemo and hormone therapy, (though my original diagnoses was triple negative some of the secondaries were eastrugene positive) then in June 2012 we found a 4cm tumor in the liver. I then had more chemo, didn't work now 8cm so we then tried another chemo with success and have shrunk it to 3 cm in the liver and after 4 months with no treatment we haven't had any growth so things stable at the moment. I have an amazingly supportive husband and 3 children, 2 girls 19 and 17 and a boy who is 14. Hopefully we can control these secondaries for a long long time.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Gaylene

A big welcome to you and so glad you found us here on BCNA. Hoping we can give you even more love and support than you are getting from what sounds like a wonderful family.

Your post has some major negatives in there but also some positives so run with the positives and enjoy every minute of every day.  I am certain you already have a different outlook on your life now and your priorities have changed like all us pink sisters on here.

We are here for you and hope we can help you in any way we can.  There are many pink sisters here who have secondaries and come on here and share there thoughts and feelings and rant and rave as need to.  

I am wishing you lots more positives and putting up a big wall to stop any more negatives coming through.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxox

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Gaylene

A big welcome to you and so glad you found us here on BCNA. Hoping we can give you even more love and support than you are getting from what sounds like a wonderful family.

Your post has some major negatives in there but also some positives so run with the positives and enjoy every minute of every day.  I am certain you already have a different outlook on your life now and your priorities have changed like all us pink sisters on here.

We are here for you and hope we can help you in any way we can.  There are many pink sisters here who have secondaries and come on here and share there thoughts and feelings and rant and rave as need to.  

I am wishing you lots more positives and putting up a big wall to stop any more negatives coming through.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxox

• Jenmegs
    Jenmegs Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2015

Hi Gaylene, it's a beautiful bunch to be linked in with here.

Stable scans are great news. You and your family have had a rough couple of years after hardly catching breath from 2006.

Here's to lots of "steady as she goes", and a bit of room to get back to relaxation, fun and good things to do! 

Love Jenny

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015

Hi Gaylene,

Welcome to the group - not one you would ever choose, but lots of information and support available. There is some duplication with the Advanced group; I don't know why there is the distinction, but it has more members.

I am another currently stable metster.

Best wishes for a "long. long time".....     Pam