An unbelievable night!

Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
edited April 2013 in Community news and events

I have had the joy, today, of reading so many messages.  The messages are from those of you who joined us on the Field of Women LIVE as well as those of you who saw our spectacular event take place on news stations across Australia.

There are so many stories, so many moments and so many memories.

This is the second Field of Women LIVE that I have worked on.  They were both special but both so different.

For me 2010 will be remembered for the spontaneous applause that swept the Pink Lady when Lyn asked survivors to raise both their arms.  What an incredible moment for us all to show our respect to the brave and strong women and men who raised their arms.

We had hoped that the new element of making our Pink Lady sparkle would be special.  I will hold fondly the celebration when we saw her on the big screen for the first time.  To us the sparkling lady is so special; it is a symbol of a survivor. 

I am so proud that on May 7 on the MCG we had the chance to pay our tribute to you all and the whole world got to see you sparkle.

Thank you to everyone who participated, to our sponsors who made it happen and to the wonderful media team that ensured we were seen around Australia and the World.

I would love you to share your memorable moment in the comments below.

If you have photos from the night then please post them on www.flickr.com and post a link in the comments.  To help everyone find the photos call them Field of Women LIVE 2010.