First

Options
anne97
anne97 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Sitting here after first joining BCNA thinking, "I really should be writing school reports". Instead I'm having a smooth glass of Drambui and starting my first ever blog.

Don't know who's gonna read it...

Don't really know why I'm doing it...

But I do love writing and had thought I should start again after 18 years of abstinence (where's spellcheck!!)

Ok, now I really do have to do some school work.

Until later...

xxx

Oh yeah, one more thing... why am I not more scared about this breast cancer? Found out about it exactly one week ago tonight. I feel very positive. I am so like my mum... a strong and stubborn woman. She gave me so much.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kathra
    Kathra Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome to a great 'club' that no one really wishes to join. I've been given the chance to meet some truly amazing, inspiring & fun loving people as you will too, you are now one of them. Safe travels, AnneKathra xox
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Anne 

Sitting having a glass of Drambui, writing your first blog and chatting to other like minded women is much more fun than writing school reports.  Well done.

I am so glad you have found us here on BCNA.  Did you find out about us by a breast care nurse, doc or someone like that or like me when i joined I found it just by chance and haven't looked back from all the love, advice and support I have received over the last 1 1/2 years since my diagnosis.

I am so glad you are feeling so strong and so positive.  I remember the same feelings and I think it puts you in good stead for what may be ahead for you.  You mention your mum and her strength, has she been diagnosed with BC previously?

Have you had any surgery yet, or have any plans yet?  It is great you are starting your blog from the start of your diagnosis as you will receive as much information and advice as you need on here.  

I hope you have received your My Journey Kit or it has been ordered for you from BCNA.  If not you can order it yourself by clicking on it under resources at the bottom of the page.  I found my kit to be invaluable and still refer to it regularly this far down the track for contact names and other various details, it is great and became my lil bible that went everywhere with me.  You can also just phone BCNA on their 1800 number and order it.  There are lots of other free resources available to you which will relate to certain things that are of interest to yourself.

I am glad you have popped on here to say hello and hope you will come back and chat with us again.

Take care, lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Anne 

Sitting having a glass of Drambui, writing your first blog and chatting to other like minded women is much more fun than writing school reports.  Well done.

I am so glad you have found us here on BCNA.  Did you find out about us by a breast care nurse, doc or someone like that or like me when i joined I found it just by chance and haven't looked back from all the love, advice and support I have received over the last 1 1/2 years since my diagnosis.

I am so glad you are feeling so strong and so positive.  I remember the same feelings and I think it puts you in good stead for what may be ahead for you.  You mention your mum and her strength, has she been diagnosed with BC previously?

Have you had any surgery yet, or have any plans yet?  It is great you are starting your blog from the start of your diagnosis as you will receive as much information and advice as you need on here.  

I hope you have received your My Journey Kit or it has been ordered for you from BCNA.  If not you can order it yourself by clicking on it under resources at the bottom of the page.  I found my kit to be invaluable and still refer to it regularly this far down the track for contact names and other various details, it is great and became my lil bible that went everywhere with me.  You can also just phone BCNA on their 1800 number and order it.  There are lots of other free resources available to you which will relate to certain things that are of interest to yourself.

I am glad you have popped on here to say hello and hope you will come back and chat with us again.

Take care, lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• Annie Gayed
    Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the network Anne - I'm glad you found your way here.

It looks like you're already a pro at blogging, but if you need help with anything, please don't hesitate to shout out.

Enjoy that Drambuie :)

~Annie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne, and welcome.  I'm glad you found us, too! :)

Writing something into an empty blog post window, then clicking submit, feels good, right?

Come back and post any time you feel the urge, and good luck with your treatment, I hope it all goes well for you.

Di xxx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne, and welcome.  I'm glad you found us, too! :)

Writing something into an empty blog post window, then clicking submit, feels good, right?

Come back and post any time you feel the urge, and good luck with your treatment, I hope it all goes well for you.

Di xxx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne 

I too felt strong and positive and still down 9mths down the track....... 

we are all happy to support you as you travel this bush track..... 

there will be good and bad days.... 

but I know your  determination will help you with the journey. 

Private message if you need to xxoxo

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne 

I too felt strong and positive and still down 9mths down the track....... 

we are all happy to support you as you travel this bush track..... 

there will be good and bad days.... 

but I know your  determination will help you with the journey. 

Private message if you need to xxoxo