redhead

Options
redheadoz
redheadoz Member Posts: 4
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with breat cancer on 11 April 2013.

I had my first chemo last Friday.

Hot flushes, aches and pains, periods and sore feet.

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Redhead (love the name)

Welcome to BCNA but I am sorry you have to join us as another diagnosed with BC.  Have you been told about the My Journey Kit thru this website.  It is free and you can order it online and you will receive it within 7 - 10 working days.  That along with being able to come on here and ask questions, vent, cry and all those other things we need to do was a blessing for me.  I have found so much support through this website and so much information.

You will find that everyone has different symptoms from the chemo.  Are you keeping a diary of your symptoms and taking your temperature regularly every day and recording it.  I then took this to the chemo nurse and oncologist at my visits to keep them informed of how I was coping and how bad my side effects were.

I hope your chemo nurse has been very helpful and given you information regarding your symptoms and medications to take should you need them.

There is a post on here called "what has helped you through your journey" which you can find through the search box at the top right of the page.  I know a lot of very helpful information is in that post.

Please also come on here and ask any questions you  need to ask for if you just want a chat.  We are here for you if you need us.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you and what type of cancer etc. have you been diagnosed with.  

Take care of yourself and if we can help in anyway just ask.

Lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi redheadoz,

It looks like Jody and Mich have given you a warm welcome :-) I hope you find the women in the online network a great support throughout your treatment and beyond.

If you need a hand finding your way around just shout.

Cheers

Daina

• redheadoz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi MichThanks for that it helps to talk about it with someone going through the same thing. My temperature is spiking nearly every day. Get the chills and then hot all over.Since my chemo I have been bleeding and now I feeling faint. Rang up Cancer Institute and had to have a blood test (which I hate). Yet to find out results.I am 54 years old and have Grade 3.Love Redheadoz
  • redheadoz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wow this is great all the support so many people have breast cancer cannot believe it. Thanks for your support.Sue
  • redheadoz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi JodyYou are going through exactly the same time I am. My joints have been aching especially my back. The worse at the moment is I have not stopped bleeding since chemo with blood clots and now starting to feel faint. Rang the Cancer Institute yesteday and had to have a blood test to determine whether it was chemo related. Diarrohea bad too with stomach cramps. I know exactly how you feel I cried the other day about something really silly and then realised there are people out there that are worse off than me and I have to keep on laughing regardless. My biggest fear is losing my hair I have to admit I am slowly coming to terms with it and I am even contemplating cutting it short now. Thanks for all your help.Sue