Samantha Cunnington

Kerryn
Kerryn Member Posts: 2

We lost another Pink Sister tonight....dearest Samantha Cunnington.  Rest in peace my dear friend and fly with the angels.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

RIP Beautiful One. XLeonie

• annie2
    annie2 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2015
    So sorry to hear.Love and blessing to all family and friends x
  • Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Sam was an inspiration, she always had positive thoughts and happiness.Condolences to her family.Julia
  • Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Sam was an inspiration, she always had positive thoughts and happiness.Condolences to her family.Julia
  • Amanda_BCNA
    Amanda_BCNA Staff Posts: 19
    edited March 2015

A remarkable woman whose involvement has reached far and wide. Personally feel blessed to work with so many amazing women, but treasure all in their individual way. I'll remember Sam's humour, intelligence, compassion, empathy and motivation x

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

Today I am so sadden by the loss of yet another Pink Sister.

Samantha, was an inspiration to all breast cancer suffers. Sam gave so much to others in the way of support, even though she was going through so much herself. It was a privilege to know you. Sam you fought so hard and gave it your all. Now you can rest in peace and be pain free.

In our hearts forever. xxxxxxxxxxx

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    I didn't know Sam, but always read her posts. Her positive thoughts were a strength to me. I am so sorry for those close to her but she will be at peace now.

Xxxlouise
  • Janelle_BCNA
    Janelle_BCNA Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2015

Sam was and is such an inspiration. Her generosity of self and her passion for others through the online network and her role as a Community Liaison lives on in those she connected with. Such an amazing woman who will be missed but never forgotten.

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

I didn't have the privelege of meeting Sam personally but I have followed her journey here and on Facebook. We exchanged so much in the public domain and privately. The way she embraced life and dealt with the "speed bumps in the road" (as she described her setbacks) is truly inspirational and an example to all of us.

She was a caring lady and always put others above herself. She introduced me to a little champion - Bailey Delaney - who is facing challenges that no child should have to endure.

Sam loved her footy, she had a family connection with North Melbourne (her beloved Roos) and as a family they went to every home game as was possible.....Sam I will be tipping the Roos in every game for the rest of the season just for you :)

There will always be a bright star in the heavens and that will be Sam looking over us ... our own guardian angel. We will miss you Sam ... RIP x0x

Love Shirl x0x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

I am so sad to hear the news.I never met Sam but she was part of this network family and so she was our pink sister. She was beautiful,brave and always so giving.She was diagnosed and joined the network in the same year as me- it doesn't seem that long ago.Sam,you'll always have a place in our hearts. My sympathy and love to your family.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

I've been thinking of you Fran.  You have a lot to endure at the moment.  I knew you would be very sad about Sam.  We all feel the pain of losing Sam.  Sam was a beautiful soul.  Please look after yourself.  I am looking forward to giving you a big hug at the Summit.  We will all be "singing" for Sam and all the other lost Pink Sisters at the FOW. XLeonie

• LeanneI
    LeanneI Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2015

Sam was such an inspiration when I trained with her as a Community Liaison.

The strength, courage and resilience that she has shown over the short time that I knew her (March 2011) was amazing.  

I know that we all will feel the loss in different ways – I am grateful (sometimes bordering on guilty) that my cancer was caught so early and through the decisions I made, I will not have to travel the path that so many tread with secondary BC.

The dignity Sam showed throughout the past 2 years was inspirational..

May we all remember her with fond memories and be reminded that our journeys inspire others - no matter whether public or private. Each life we touch is precious....

Love to all our Pink Sisters

Leanne xx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    A lady who touched every pinksister in some way.adean
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

I am so saddened by the news of Sam's death.  She was a vibrant, young, amazing woman who lived every day to the full even when the things that made her happiest were being taken from her bit by bit.  She said she was going to miss dancing and driving.  I will miss her energy.  We never did get to meet - thwarted by distance and disease each time we tried but we connected.

I asked Sam, when in the depths of despair at my ABC diagnosis, "Will I ever feel happy again?" and she said, simply "Yes, of course you will!"

She was right but today its sadness if feel and also such gratitude that this woman whispered something so perfect into my ear at just the right time.

Thank you Sam. RIP. x

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

I am so saddened by the news of Sam's death.  She was a vibrant, young, amazing woman who lived every day to the full even when the things that made her happiest were being taken from her bit by bit.  She said she was going to miss dancing and driving.  I will miss her energy.  We never did get to meet - thwarted by distance and disease each time we tried but we connected.

I asked Sam, when in the depths of despair at my ABC diagnosis, "Will I ever feel happy again?" and she said, simply "Yes, of course you will!"

She was right but today its sadness if feel and also such gratitude that this woman whispered something so perfect into my ear at just the right time.

Thank you Sam. RIP. x