newbe

Options
kathyh
kathyh Member Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi, as you can see new to this site and probably got it all wrong.

Anyway just had my third lot of chemo a couple of hours ago and came home armed with a ton of lotions and potions.  Only one more to go on the 22nd November.  I was diagnosed in July with stage 3 agressive cancer and as a result had my left breast removed, having nearly completed my chemo I am looking forward so much to getting my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes back and most of all maybe some normality in my life, now living in Australia all my family and grown up children live in the UK so its been especially hard on them and me, I only have two friends here so it can get really lonely at times.  I recently went to a pink ribbon afternoon tea and was amazed when listening to a guest speaker she talked of her experience and it made me cry to learn she had experienced the same things I had, I had not spoken to anyone who had gone through this and really understood the way I felt, it felt good in a way to share.

Anyway I hope this works.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy, and welcome to the network. :)  There's not really any wrong here, so just post away and feel free to ask if you need a hand with anything.

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hiya kathy -- I was just staring at the network when I saw your question, so hi! :)

I think the best idea might be for you to copy and paste your question into a new blog post (click on My Blog in your pink profile box to the right of the page, then on the 'create a post' link at the top of the blog).

That way your post will show up in the All Posts list and others will see it.  Then might miss it here as this is an older post.  The All Posts page is here if you haven't found it yet: http://www.bcna.org.au/node/all/blog/network.

Hope that helps -- let me know if you need a hand.

Di :)