Summer

Options
Emma Fulwood
Emma Fulwood Member Posts: 38
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Well, summer may nearly be here. I LOVE the warmer months. I love the Vitamin D. I'm still very careful not to burn, especially my arm, but the sun gives me so much energy.

My treatments were in the winter months, but I remember thinking in summer, when my hair was growing back, how cool my head felt. (sore, but cool). -helped during those hot flushes too!

I've warned my husband to be, that after our wedding in March '11, i'm shaving it off again! He is mortified...and I cant wait. Like I told him, it grows back and bald women are beautiful!

When my hair started to fall out due to the chemo, i remember the best thing any one at the time told me...."At least you know the chemo is working."  It's true, and it's true that sometimes my Dad of little words will sometimes come out with the best words of all.

Comments

• Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for making me smile on my 'blue' day

Lynne

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're welcome, Lynne!

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma

Your posts always bring a smile to my face, you are like a breath of fresh air.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  What is it with Men and hair???

Bald is beautiful.........mmmm you obviously did not see me when I was bald.  I looked like a puffer fish and because I live in a warm area of North Queensland my face was brown and my head was white.  You got a visual????  anyway funny to be able to look back and laugh about it now.  On the plus now that my hair is back I still have bad hair days but I NEVER worry about them anymore.  lol

Tan xx

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma

Your posts always bring a smile to my face, you are like a breath of fresh air.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  What is it with Men and hair???

Bald is beautiful.........mmmm you obviously did not see me when I was bald.  I looked like a puffer fish and because I live in a warm area of North Queensland my face was brown and my head was white.  You got a visual????  anyway funny to be able to look back and laugh about it now.  On the plus now that my hair is back I still have bad hair days but I NEVER worry about them anymore.  lol

Tan xx

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bad hair days? Bring em on!!!

It's amazing how annoyances once upon a time  are pleasures now!

I got the visual, thanks! I looked like a puffer fish too....and with poison to boot! look out if I had to tell someone something twice! During my treatment, I could be a very angry little fish...

Mxo

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bad hair days? Bring em on!!!

It's amazing how annoyances once upon a time  are pleasures now!

I got the visual, thanks! I looked like a puffer fish too....and with poison to boot! look out if I had to tell someone something twice! During my treatment, I could be a very angry little fish...

Mxo