Face book

lbirch
lbirch Member Posts: 30
edited April 2013 in General discussion

I would just like to make a comment on face book groups. Yes facebook groups can be a  great support, especially for you gen Y's and younger. However this organisation is phenominal and have not only women who are living with a cancer diagnosis to support you, but a huge network of proffesional staff that work tirelessly to make it all a little bit easier. The resources and information they give empower us to make the right choices in a time of confusion. So by all means get your support from wherever you can, but please dont encourage women away from this site. You would do them a huge disservice by doing so. 

Linda xx

Comments

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

I don't believe the FB groups that I am aware of encourage women away from here.  The ones that I am a member of regularly post messages from this site and links to events, resources and real life support.  I administer one for women with advanced BC.  We find it an easier medium to have discussions.  Unfortunately this site does not have a "forum" setup like some of the other BC sites which I personally find easier to use and search when looking for specific information.  

To recommend a FB support group is not any different to recommending a real life support group - it is just another way of providing support.

The staff at BCNA are wonderful I agree. :-)

A

• safarian
    safarian Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015

Whilst this site has been and is fantastic I must admit that I have grown tired of its clunky-ness. Facebook is so much easier to use. Also I have had a constant problem with this site of my posts dissapearing after I have typed them - very de-motivating.

• safarian
    safarian Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015

Whilst this site has been and is fantastic I must admit that I have grown tired of its clunky-ness. Facebook is so much easier to use. Also I have had a constant problem with this site of my posts dissapearing after I have typed them - very de-motivating.