Barb

Options
Barb Draney
Barb Draney Member Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in Health and wellbeing

After having councelling for post-chemo depression (realloy bad depression) I decided to do some meditation or my style of mediation.  I wait til Saturday afternoon when husband Rod is playing golf, get comfortable on the couch (usually joined by my cat, Casper!) burn some incesnse and listen to Enya on my IPod..It is so relaxing.  I can pray, just let my mind wander, think of our favourite holiday destination, Yamba in northern NSW or more often than not, fall asleep.  But it does help, whatever way you want to do it. 
Try it!!  It is very theraputic.

Love to you all

Barb

Comments

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome and glad to see the meditation is working. When i was pregnant with my boy (just turned 15) I used to get a massage by a lady with magic fingers and she played Enya. I recently tried to find this cd so bought - a day without rain, but dont think it's the right one. i chose this one as it was around 1995. What do you listen to? i like this one but it doesnt seen familiar so was looking to try another one. Best of health and keep relaxing,  Kaz

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome and glad to see the meditation is working. When i was pregnant with my boy (just turned 15) I used to get a massage by a lady with magic fingers and she played Enya. I recently tried to find this cd so bought - a day without rain, but dont think it's the right one. i chose this one as it was around 1995. What do you listen to? i like this one but it doesnt seen familiar so was looking to try another one. Best of health and keep relaxing,  Kaz

• Barb Draney
    Barb Draney Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Kaz

The two Enya CD's I have are "Watermark" (that's the one with Sail Away on it) and "The Memory of Trees" both from the 90's.  I love them both!  I have been dropping a lot of very subtle (and not so subtle) hints to my family as to the fact that I would love some of her later ones as I have a birthday coming up.  Hope they haven't fallen on deaf ears!  I also have a Best Of Cat Stevens, which I love to listen too as well.  I was madly in love with him in the 70's.

Don't our children grow up fast.  My eldest has just turned 30 and my baby is 27 (both boys).  I don't know where the years go.  Great to hear from you.  All the best, hope to hear from you again.

Barb