Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

RIP Tracey (from her Hubby)

traxx65
traxx65 Member Posts: 252
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi Ladies,

Eric here Traceys husband as you know Tracey passed away on the 1st February 2013 i would like to thank each one of you ladies as you were an INSPIRATION to Tracey and myself during her time here.

Her funeral was attended by over 300 people which showed to me, how many she touched during her brief stay with us.

We collected over $1,800 dollars on the day in donations to go to the firefighters charity fund Melbourne which i am a board member and Tracey had a lot of input the charity when we set it up, we will be ondonating the money raised on the day and via our web page to Otis Foundation Bendigo in Traceys memory.

Tracey wrote a poem about a tree on The Otis Braemare property where we stayed a few time to recharge our souls.

Tracey’s Tree

A tree can be burnt, lose limbs or even be diseased, but it continues to grow.  So can we!

It doesn’t matter how much we have been burnt by radiation, or if we have had parts of our body removed. 

We need to EMBRACE the life we do have and continue to grow despite our hurdles.

-- Tracey Anderson

I had this printed on the back of Tracey's bookmarks that were handed out on the day. I am getting more printed up this week and without sounding tacky if anybody would like one I can send them to BCNA or I can post one out to you if you wish my email is ectheviking@**** all I need is a name and address and I will pop it in the mail for you.

Once i get things settled down I will write a story for The Beacon to let every one know that the fourm girls and Tracey are an Inspiration to me as well.

Well on that note - Good Luck - be strong and live every day to the fullest and be like me tell the one you love, that you love them every day.

Love to you all
Eric Anderson

Tagged:

Comments

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015

Dear Eric

Thank you so much for your lovely post.  Tracey was so well loved by so many on this site.  It was here that she first made contact with me after I had posted my story on-line.  She was the first person I 'met' who also had Stage IV Breast Cancer.  She gave me hope and was an inspiration.  It was lovely to meet her (and you) at the forum in Melbourne last year. 

Love to you and your beautiful family.  I look forward to reading your story in the Beacon.

Amy xxx

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015

Hi Eric, thank you so much for your thoughful post. I 'met' Tracey through the online network when she reached out to me after I'd first been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer. She comforted me, encouraged me and inspired me, and that it something that I hold dear to my heart.

Please accept my deepest condolences on Tracey's passing, and I look forward to reading your story in the Beacon.

Celeste xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much for your post.I was sad to hear that Tracey had passed away.She was an inspiration and a great support to many women on this network,including myself. I love her poem and I will write it into my special handmade book of inspirational verse.When I read it I will think of Tracey.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family -  love Tonya xx

• annie2
    annie2 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2015
    Thankyou Eric for finding the time to share with us on here when you are going through such a hard time yourself.It must be so hard for you to stand by and watch and be there in such a devastating situation you and Tracey found yourselves in.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and i hope you find peace during your time of grief.
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Hi Eric - thank you for your message. I know you were such a support to Tracey. Prior to attending Tracey's funeral last week I was feeling very sad at another loss to this disease but I came away with renewed vigor to live the best I can, not to wallow - Tracey wouldn't want that. I am so very grateful for that message. I have her bookmark and poem on my fridge to remind me.
    I will miss her.
    Amanda xx
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Hi Eric - thank you for your message. I know you were such a support to Tracey. Prior to attending Tracey's funeral last week I was feeling very sad at another loss to this disease but I came away with renewed vigor to live the best I can, not to wallow - Tracey wouldn't want that. I am so very grateful for that message. I have her bookmark and poem on my fridge to remind me.
    I will miss her.
    Amanda xx
  • marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015

My appologies for delay in posting.
    My thoughts go to you and your family on your loss.
    Thank you for thinking of us who knew Tracy in this virtual world; she left strong footprints in hearts.
    Tracy left an amazing legacy that will live on.
    Like others on here i loved her poem. it will continue to be read and her story as a part of Hope and Hurdles will help others facing the challenges she faced and wrote about so passionately.
    Take care

Marls

• Nicole2733
    Nicole2733 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015

Dear Eric,

I have only just logged onto this site again to catch up with everyone - Tracey being one - and I'm very saddened by this news.  I lost my mum 9 months ago - hence my absence from the site - but during our 2 year battle I spoke many times with Tracey.  She was a wealth of knowledge and helped me so much as I desperately researched treatment options for secondary breast cancer.  Tracey was always there to offer support, guidance and reassurance.  A truly amazing lady who will be missed by many.  Sincere condolonces to you and the family.  I understand the pressure and concern placed on the carer/family so can relate to what you're going through.  Each day is still a battle for me.  My mum was the closest person in my world and I'm simply doing my best now to adjust to a life without her.  My life has changed dramatically and I'm so so sorry I didn't log on earlier to learn this news.  Love to you all.  Nicole

• sunflower
    sunflower Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

Hi Eric

My condolences to you and your family. I have only just started interacting on this bcna site. Just today I subscribed to Traceys posts. Then I found the RIP notice.

My thoughts are with you

I was impressed by her posts and as I am starting on Xeloda next week I was looking for some answers and found her.

Regards Tjess