Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

RIP Tracey

MandaMoo
MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
edited February 2013 in Metastatic breast cancer
It's been a big week in our household with my youngest, my son turning 6 and starting Prep. I planned to honor him with a post today but woke up to hear that our dear friend and fellow network member Tracey has died overnight.

Tracey was a superstar. She was one of the first people to reach out to me and especially offer kind words upon my diagnosis of ABC. She defied the odds and lived with the disease for 7 years. That is not long enough. She had 3 girls she was raising and a wonderful supportive husband. She achieved so much, when she was told she wouldn't live. She always surprised people. We said she often felt left out, ostracized because of her ABC diagnosis. Yet, she made connections here and elsewhere to form. A network of support and she was often first in with a welcome and words of encouragement.

We got to meet a few times and she had this wonderful, big smile and generous hug. She lit up the room with her zest for living.

You will be missed by so many Tracey and your girls and husband will be feeling lost without you. I will always remember you as that wonderful lady with the big smile, the one who gave me hope that life could still be lived and enjoyed despite the diagnosis. You hold a place in so many hearts and for that I thank you.
Rest in Peace Tracey.
A xxxxxxxx

Comments

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015

Amanda,

The words you write about Tracey are so true.  She was the first who reached out to me too when I was first diagnosed with ABC.  She gave me hope. 

RIP beautiful Tracey.  You will be missed by so many.

Amy x

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015

Thanks for passing on this sad news, Amanda. We are a small community, and sharing the joys and the sorrows is an important part of our journeys.

My heart goes out to Tracey's family........ Pam

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015

Oh that's so sad!  I was meaning to send Tracey a message recently but life got in the way....now I'm regretting that :(

Tracey was an inspiration to us all and fought so hard for so long.  She was also one of the first to reach out to me when I joined this network back in 2010.

RIP Tracey, you will be sadly missed xx

Louise

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Thanks Amanda for your lovely words about Tracey. I was very sad to hear she's gone. She has helped so many women on this network- such an inspirational woman.We will miss her -my deepest sympathy to her family.

love Tonya xx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015

Well said Amanda, and we will all remember Tracey in this way. We are the club that nobody wants to join, but we are gretaful to have. The work Tracey has done has helped so many others, So a big thank you Tracey and all you other wonderful pink friends. Keep up the good work.

RIP Tracey, and deepest condolences to your Family. xxx

Moira

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    As Tracy hadn't posted for some time I wasn't
    aware of her situation of late. It came as a shock to hear about her passing. I had no idea her disease had progressed so far. It brings home the reality of this disease. Good to know she had good support. I also look forward to reading her husbands article.I hope the support for people with ABC continues to be nurtured.

Miss you Tracy
    Xx
  • Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    As Tracy hadn't posted for some time I wasn't
    aware of her situation of late. It came as a shock to hear about her passing. I had no idea her disease had progressed so far. It brings home the reality of this disease. Good to know she had good support. I also look forward to reading her husbands article.I hope the support for people with ABC continues to be nurtured.

Miss you Tracy
    Xx
  • Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015

I read your blog Mandie with tears in my eyes. What a loss. I must admit that this has come as a shock to us all. She was truly an inspiration to us all particularly those with ABC. Thank you Mandie for your kind words. I wish her family and friends all the very best and my deepest sympathy. It makes me and I'm sure others, want to live life to the full as you never know what is around the corner.

Rest in peace Tracey

Al xxxx

• Josie13
    Josie13 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    I have just caught up with news and like many others feel Tracey was a great support and valued advisor. I know she struggled emotionally as we all do but she struck me as just a really kind personand generous of spirit. God I hate this.