Missing Field of Women

Linda Nadort
Linda Nadort Member Posts: 31
edited December 2011 in Community news and events

No matter how organised you are - if you are not meant to be there - it just doesn't happen.

As soon as I heard that the "Field of Women" was on in Melbourne. I booked flights for  my Mum a breast cancer survivor, my Daughters and Myself who has lived with Advanced Breast Cancer for nearly 5 years.

My Mother and eldest Daughter Louise managed to go, they had a wonderful time.  They said they both cried.  I am sure I would have as well.

Unfortunately Rebecca my youngest had school camp and did not return until Friday afternoon and was singing in an opera on Friday night.

Well I look forward to the next field of women and hopefully I will be able to attend.

Oh to the Power of Women and what we can achieve.

Congratulations!!   to Lynne Swinburne and the BCNA Team - you are wonderful!!

Linda

Comments

• Amanda_BCNA
    Amanda_BCNA Staff Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    We can often plan to our hearts content and still things don't eventuate. As much as you may not have been there is person you were with many of us in spirit and I found myself thinking of you when the lovely photo of you and Quentin Bryce taken at our Summit last year popped up on the screen. Linda you are an amazing support to our organisation and continue to do a most wonderful job of raising awareness and helping us out where ever you can - we are so thankful you are so giving to our Network. Looking forward to our next encounter in the flesh and now being able to stay in touch online.
  • Amanda_BCNA
    Amanda_BCNA Staff Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    We can often plan to our hearts content and still things don't eventuate. As much as you may not have been there is person you were with many of us in spirit and I found myself thinking of you when the lovely photo of you and Quentin Bryce taken at our Summit last year popped up on the screen. Linda you are an amazing support to our organisation and continue to do a most wonderful job of raising awareness and helping us out where ever you can - we are so thankful you are so giving to our Network. Looking forward to our next encounter in the flesh and now being able to stay in touch online.
  • Linda Nadort
    Linda Nadort Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Dear Amanda

Many thanks for your kind comments. I was definitely there in spirit. Must have looked amazing - can't wait to see the DVD.

Mum and Louise were on the outside right down on the feet of the Pink Lady. They thought they had the most chance of being seen there. They had a fabulous time and said how well organised the event was. What else would you expect from BCNA!!!

Keep up the fabulous work

Likewise looking forward to catching up again soon

Cheers
    Linda