any chinese ladies out there?

w.a. kaz
w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi, I'm looking for any Chinese lady's out there that i can link up with a local girl going through Breast cancer. It would be great to find someone and mentioned to check out for any groups on this site but have had a quick look but couldnt find anything so please if any one can help we would be most grateful,   thanks in advance as i feel confident some one can help me.  Take care...Kaz

Comments

• Beth
    Beth Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015

Hi Kaz

have been working my way around the BCNA network to see what support is in Geraldton and notice that you are an active supporter of the BCNA

I found my lump 5 weeks ago, and have had all the testing, surgery (lumpectmy) and started chemo this week in Perth, back home on Tuesday, and have managed to get through the first 3-4 days after chemo not too badly. Haven't got back to work yet, but up until it has been the last thing on my mind however I do know that I do need to make a plan (albeit "fluid) to get back to the social interaction that I've been so used to in the workplace but not to the detriement of my health

how often do the groups meet in Geraldton please

cheers

Beth

• w.a. kaz
    edited March 2015

heh Beth we meet every 3rd thursday of the month at the womans health resource centre in sanford street which will be next week. 12 noon-2pm

i unfortunately will only be able to pop in as have my daughter's graduating from year 12 that day and have commitments I'd hate to miss but the other girls will be there so your most welcome to come. We just bring a small healthy plate to share (1/2 rockmellons good if busy,it's not meant to be hard) BUT next tuesday if you free come on down to the Gero/greenough shire as we are 'planting' a minifield of pink ladies and i will be there with heaps of other local BC survivors, it's 9.30 am.  also check out in the groups section here and join our group- Geraldton Younger Womans Cancer Support Group.  we are only new here so would love to build the numbers (sad but true)  I look forward to meeting you soon but give me a call if you need any more info I'd love to be able to help, until then take care and enjoy your weekend,      Kaz

• w.a. kaz
    edited March 2015

heh Beth we meet every 3rd thursday of the month at the womans health resource centre in sanford street which will be next week. 12 noon-2pm

i unfortunately will only be able to pop in as have my daughter's graduating from year 12 that day and have commitments I'd hate to miss but the other girls will be there so your most welcome to come. We just bring a small healthy plate to share (1/2 rockmellons good if busy,it's not meant to be hard) BUT next tuesday if you free come on down to the Gero/greenough shire as we are 'planting' a minifield of pink ladies and i will be there with heaps of other local BC survivors, it's 9.30 am.  also check out in the groups section here and join our group- Geraldton Younger Womans Cancer Support Group.  we are only new here so would love to build the numbers (sad but true)  I look forward to meeting you soon but give me a call if you need any more info I'd love to be able to help, until then take care and enjoy your weekend,      Kaz