Ideas for amazing mini field?

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hi all,

does anyone out there have any terrific ideas for my mini field, to be held on 16 March in Launceston City Park at the Breast Cancer Rose Garden as part of "The Ongoing Journey" Tasmanian Breast Cancer Conference?

I have the city choir, Vox Harmony who will serenade us with 3 songs and am wondering about the guest speakers; religious or non; memorial type words or not;??

Help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy

firstly, no we are not changing for the informal mystery party. The idea is to walk from the Hotel Grand Chancellor to the park, have the mini field with choir, then those who are attending, get onto the waiting buses to take us to the mysery (in town) venue. Busues will be prepared to shuttle people back to the hotel from 8.30pm. There will be a few free drinks, ample finger food and musical enteratinment, we are hoping for a great evening!

The programme is on BCNA but it is a draft which gets moved and altered a bit- here is the latest for you.: Day 1– Saturday 16 March 2013

9.30am  Registrations open – morning tea available

10.00am “Flowing story” from our women leading on to Welcome by TBCN President- and housekeeping

10.15am             Keynote Address-                                                       “The Ongoing Journey” Maxine Morand  

10.30am            Dr Nirmala Pathmanathan             Westmead Breast Cancer Centre             Pathologist

11.15am Morning Tea

11.45am Dr Maria Popa Plastic Surgeon

12.15pm Medical Tattoos  Janet Manley  

12.30pm  Pink Tank– Panel of previous speakers            to answer questions

1.00pm Lunch

2.00pm Dr Richard de Boer Oncologist

2.40pm Dr Jo Burke  Genetics

3.15pm Pink Tank– Panel of afternoon session             speakers to answer questions

3.45pm Afternoon tea

4.30pm BCNA navigating the website Daina                            Jones

5.00pm Questions to BCNA network manager

5.30pm Silent Walk to Mini Field of Women

5.45pm Mini Field of Women followed by             buses to mystery venue Marita O’Keefe

6.15p.m.-9.30pm Party time with partners

Day 2—Sunday 17 March 2013

9.30am               Tea and coffee available

10.00am            My swollen arm -what's happened                  to my lymphatics and what can I do?                  Professor Neil Piller

11.00am            Body Image and Sexuality.                                           Karen Campbell

12.00pm   Healing Through Breath and Body Awareness— Martina Hughes

12.15pm Dr Debra Meerkotter- Radiology

12.30pm Reach to Recovery. Maureen        Holland –film– join tbcn etc

1.00pm Tank Panel of previous speakers to answer questions

1.30pm Close    and      Lunch

................ sorry about the formatting!It is the colours and I can't alter it.

It'd be good if you could attend both days- perhaps someone would billet you? You could put a blog up asking and I can ask at the next Launceston meeting on 5/2/13 if you like. Take care Mandy

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy,

i hope you ahve received the conference email advising you about the offer of having twin shared accommodation at the venue as well as petrol costs re-imbursed. (@20c per km). Riverside Lions Club are wonderful in supporting this aspect. Take care, Mandy

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Do we need to put our name down for the Cocktail party? I would like to go . I am coming up to conference on Sat morning from Hobart and staying the night with relatives . Wondered about changing from day clothes as well? Great to see the agenda I am looking forward to the weekend. See you on the day.
  • Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi,

as you haven't put your name down I can't check the list so can you email me direct at forteath@dodo.com.au with those? I will put you on the cocktail party list- if you are registered you should have receievd two emails over the past few weeks (one of them yesterday) explaining the rose garden ceremony and the party.. I hope there isn't a glitch! (It is a free event registration site so I can't guarantee it is 100% efficient.) We close off taking names for the party on Monday so the caterers have a final number.

We are wearing comfortable clothes for the conference and NOT changing for the casual evening at the mystery venue. Buses will take us from City PArk to the venue and then start returning people from 8.30pm to the Hotel Grand Chancellor (conference venue). 

DO email me and I will check you are on the list, and if not, I can put you on it, take care, Mandy

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi sent you off email .I did ring to check on whether I was registered. Might ring that no again.
  • pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for the information.

I am staying twin share on the Saturday night at the Grand chancellor.

Thanks again, Kathy