Brenda

Options
bbakes
bbakes Member Posts: 2
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site,but not new to Breat Cancer..that's old news! I'm 41 and a survivor of 12 years from Breast Cancer and 22 years from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.It's positively possible to beat this disease and then be friends with yourself again!!

i''d love to help or be an ear for anyone.

I'm planning to host a mini field of women in my local community..can anyone give some hints and tips?Would love to hear them!!

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW, that is great that you have 12 years behind you and anothe 22 behind that, congratulations.

I organised my first mini fields here last year and it was a great day.  We released 100 pink helium balloons, had all survivors cut a big cake,  we had floating pink candles in the lake.  A bit of local talent playing guitars and singing.  I very relaxing pink day all and all.

I think you can do anything and you are only limited by your imagination.  We had the a family donate boxes of Pink lady apples that we gave away.  It is all about awareness so anything is better than nothing.

Good luck, most of all enjoy the day.

Tanya

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW, that is great that you have 12 years behind you and anothe 22 behind that, congratulations.

I organised my first mini fields here last year and it was a great day.  We released 100 pink helium balloons, had all survivors cut a big cake,  we had floating pink candles in the lake.  A bit of local talent playing guitars and singing.  I very relaxing pink day all and all.

I think you can do anything and you are only limited by your imagination.  We had the a family donate boxes of Pink lady apples that we gave away.  It is all about awareness so anything is better than nothing.

Good luck, most of all enjoy the day.

Tanya

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tanya, I know that if I keep surfing this site I'll find plenty of ideas I can "acquire" (the same way I've been acquiring things I need out of guys' sheds) ... love the idea of helium balloons!!!!

I've never done this or even been to one before so I'm open to suggestions.  Now, what about music ....  I have the new Susan Boyle CD, Michael Crawford CD as well as a gospel music double CD with various country  singers.  Obviously don't need punk rock or heavy metal!!!!

As I said - open to suggestions ...

Cheers ... Shirl

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tanya, I know that if I keep surfing this site I'll find plenty of ideas I can "acquire" (the same way I've been acquiring things I need out of guys' sheds) ... love the idea of helium balloons!!!!

I've never done this or even been to one before so I'm open to suggestions.  Now, what about music ....  I have the new Susan Boyle CD, Michael Crawford CD as well as a gospel music double CD with various country  singers.  Obviously don't need punk rock or heavy metal!!!!

As I said - open to suggestions ...

Cheers ... Shirl

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls,

My Mini Field, being my first, is going to be pretty low key but I did think of releasing the pink balloons.  I've got great memories of releasing rainbow coloured balloons at our wedding 3 years ago.  Very spectacular.  I love the idea of the cake.  Not sure if we have Bakers Delight here but that's a thought.  Keep the ideas coming.......XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls,

My Mini Field, being my first, is going to be pretty low key but I did think of releasing the pink balloons.  I've got great memories of releasing rainbow coloured balloons at our wedding 3 years ago.  Very spectacular.  I love the idea of the cake.  Not sure if we have Bakers Delight here but that's a thought.  Keep the ideas coming.......XLeonie

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Brenda,     So nice to "meet" you.

Your like a breath of fresh air reading your blog.

I am helping my son organise a mini field at his school and just love the idea of releasing pink balloons. As it's a fund raiser for BCNA as well, was thinking that maybe any students / teachers etc that would like to release one in memory of a loved one or to wish health upon a loved one effected by breast cancer may be a lovely tribute. Thanks for getting the brain ticking, and good luck with your journey,  Kaz