A long time coming....

Options
Pink Dawn
Pink Dawn Member Posts: 10
edited September 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Hi guys,

It has been a damn long time since I have visited the BCNA site - so my sincere apologies. You are not forgotten though. I have just been busy behind-the-scenes.

Now that I have "found my feet" with balancing two chilldren and my job, I am starting to get more active in helping promote what seems to be a scaringly increasing number of cases of gestational breast cancer.

On Sept 30 there will be an article about my family's journey in Body and Soul. Honestly, it was very challenging to do as I have still not told many people about the cancer journey so people at my work, except for a select few, have NO idea. It's strange but now 18 months on, I can remember everything about the pregnancy but honestly really struggled to remember details about the "other stuff". That made the interview very confronting as I had to re-live the whole journey. I do hope you, and any others that unfortuantely have to travel this path, see some benefit in having what is effectively "our" story told. I am also now becoming active with a group called Pink Hope (that helps women at high risk of breast and/or ovarian cancer as they have the BRAC gene). I don't have this gene but one of my team does and underwent an elective, preventative double mastectomy a few years back as a result. It's terrifying how many people have been affected by BC. We are certainly not alone....    

Also some particularly good news is that I had to go for my check-up mammogram, ultrasound yesterday and all seems clear. Woohoo!

Promise I will keep in touch more regularly!

Cheers,
Melissa.

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations on getting the all clear, must be a relief.  I don't usually read that magazine but will pick it up just to read and share your story. Wishing you well and glad you have found your feet and back on track with your life.

Mich xo

• Pink Dawn
    Pink Dawn Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Mich! Appreciate your post and your support.
    Cheers,

Melissa. x

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Very much looking forward to seeing the article Melissa.  Was very brave of you to do it and hope it was a theraputic experience.

Cheers, Laura

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Very much looking forward to seeing the article Melissa.  Was very brave of you to do it and hope it was a theraputic experience.

Cheers, Laura