Taxotere

Renae
Renae Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Health and wellbeing
Hello. I have had one treatment of taxotere and I was
Scared. The lower back pain and hips were very bad on in the night of the 4th day. I woke up feeling vulnerable, the pain wasn't as bad but it persisted for 5 - 6 days. Today it felt better, I have been taking panedol osteopanedol all week. Anyone out there with similar experience? Thank you, Renae

Comments

• tammyp26
    tammyp26 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    My body aches from day 5 especially hips, thighs and lower back - I even have spasms in my back that stop me in my track. I think worst day is about day 8 and then starts to subside. Not pleasant at all... I went to my GP to get an script for endone and that definitely takes the edge off. Hope you feel better. Tammy
  • tammyp26
    tammyp26 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    My body aches from day 5 especially hips, thighs and lower back - I even have spasms in my back that stop me in my track. I think worst day is about day 8 and then starts to subside. Not pleasant at all... I went to my GP to get an script for endone and that definitely takes the edge off. Hope you feel better. Tammy
  • Renae
    Renae Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Thank you Tammy, I will try Endone for the next round which is my 2nd treatment. Did each treatment stay the same for you or get worse?

I hope I can make through all 4, How many rounds did you make it through? Renae
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hi Renae

I had 3 cycles of FEC which I handled reasonably well under the circumstances :-) and 3 cycles of Taxotere which my poor body did not handle well at all.  I was in constant non stop debilitating pain for the 3 cycles.  I did see my GP who put me on Norspan pain patches plus I was on 2 Panadol every four hours plus one OxyNorm Capsule four hourly and that managed to just take the edge off but if I didn't stay on top of it the pain racked my body until pain killers set in again.  I need to point out that I was one person who unfortunately suffered extremely badly from the Taxotere but not all people suffer like I did.  My doc said I got dealt a very bad set of cards with my chemo.

With FEC I had definitely bounced back before my next treatment but with the other I never managed to pick back up.  The pain killers were great and a very necessary evil cause they also made my tired and groggy.

You will be very pleased to know though that I no longer need the Panadol and strong pain killers anymore.  I will take Panadol for a headache when needed and that is all.

Hope that helps and hasn't scared you but made you prepared for the worst scenario and hopefully you won't even need to be concerned to anywhere near the extent I had to.  I was just unlucky.

Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hi Renae

I had 3 cycles of FEC which I handled reasonably well under the circumstances :-) and 3 cycles of Taxotere which my poor body did not handle well at all.  I was in constant non stop debilitating pain for the 3 cycles.  I did see my GP who put me on Norspan pain patches plus I was on 2 Panadol every four hours plus one OxyNorm Capsule four hourly and that managed to just take the edge off but if I didn't stay on top of it the pain racked my body until pain killers set in again.  I need to point out that I was one person who unfortunately suffered extremely badly from the Taxotere but not all people suffer like I did.  My doc said I got dealt a very bad set of cards with my chemo.

With FEC I had definitely bounced back before my next treatment but with the other I never managed to pick back up.  The pain killers were great and a very necessary evil cause they also made my tired and groggy.

You will be very pleased to know though that I no longer need the Panadol and strong pain killers anymore.  I will take Panadol for a headache when needed and that is all.

Hope that helps and hasn't scared you but made you prepared for the worst scenario and hopefully you won't even need to be concerned to anywhere near the extent I had to.  I was just unlucky.

Mich xoxo