A very 'pinked-up' Nhill gave Shane Crawford a warm welcome

Options
KymB
KymB Member Posts: 93
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

It was fantastic to have the opportunity to participate in the community event in Nhill last Thursday, to support Shane Crawford on his run from Adelaide to Melbourne.  I am completely in awe of this man and the challenge he has so willingly undertaken to raise funds for BCNA.

As a volunteer with BNCA it was a privilege to speak at the function held at the Nhill Community Centre and to meet so many wonderful people lending their support to Crawf and BCNA. 

The township of Nhill was a blaze of pink, with balloons and pink ladies stretching as far as the eye could see.  It was overwhelming to see so many supporters braving the cold weather to welcome Crawf as he arrived into Nhill. 

We were made to feel so welcome by the people from Nhill and surrounding towns - thank you so much!   It was a great night.  Thanks also to all the lovely BCNA members who introduced themselves to me over the course of the evening. 

The next morning I joined Shane and the support crew as he commenced his journey for the day and headed out of Nhill.  He walked faster than I can run!  Oh to be that fit!!  Thank you Shane - you are an inspiration to us all!     

Tagged: