Lotus17

Options
Lotus17
Lotus17 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2012 in Newly diagnosed
Hi this is my first BYO at blogging.

I was diagnosed with BC while in Geelong for the birth of my grandchild. He arrived 14 April and I was diagnosed 24 April. It should have been the most exciting time of my life, instead i couldn't wait to get back home to Brisbane. 

Things have moved really quickly since arriving home. I have had two operations; first to remove a 3cm tumor and lymph node then a second to remove a larger margin of tissue and to place a porta cath in situ for the chemo. The lymph node was.clear so that is great news. Now the wait to see the oncologist and plan the attack.

Since my diagnosis I have been researching and gathering as much info as I can. I came across the BCNA on the day of my diagnosis and have been in awe of the stories and support. I am so encouraged and inspired by the women who blog and offer their words of wisdom & support I felt the need to put my story out there.

I have good and bad days. I'm an incredibly positive person, mostly, except today when I found out my husband has been betraying me with other women on and off over the last 8 years Great timing eh.

I'm fortunate to be blessed with great family and friends who will support me through this fight. Today's revelation has only made me all the more determined to be a survivor!!

Comments

• such is life
    such is life Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, just wanted to say you sound incredibly strong, I know it is easier said than done , but you have to try and put you first while you fight this terrible battle,karma will come to your hubbie and you can hold your head up high knowing your are a strong beautiful woman who has played the hand she was dealt and one the jackpot in the end life xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lotus17, I just wanted to say welcome to the online network! I'm very glad you made your way here and made your first blog post.

You seem to have found your way around but If you need more information about how this site works, just shout or you can visit the Help page, here: http://www.bcna.org.au/help

Everyone in the online network is a great support and I hope you continue to find support and strength from them and your family through your journey.

Cheers,
    Daina

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lotus, welcome to this site. There will be lots of support coming your way from the lovely pink ladies who have travelled the path you are now treading. It is a safe place to vent and rave, and we all understand how you are feeling. Good luck with your chemo. Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lotus, welcome to this site. There will be lots of support coming your way from the lovely pink ladies who have travelled the path you are now treading. It is a safe place to vent and rave, and we all understand how you are feeling. Good luck with your chemo. Love Chris xx
  • Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pftt on the husband situation, you have to look after yourself now dear, not his guilt, remorse and constant begging of forgiveness and understanding.

If I sound tough it's because I was there years ago with a little baby in tow and that was hard let alone coping mentally and physically through treatment.

This will make you into the woman he will wish he never betrayed!

Just remember we are here all hours so let it rip whenever you get the urge, we all have big shoulders and plenty of online hugs to give you.

Regards

Cheryl

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pftt on the husband situation, you have to look after yourself now dear, not his guilt, remorse and constant begging of forgiveness and understanding.

If I sound tough it's because I was there years ago with a little baby in tow and that was hard let alone coping mentally and physically through treatment.

This will make you into the woman he will wish he never betrayed!

Just remember we are here all hours so let it rip whenever you get the urge, we all have big shoulders and plenty of online hugs to give you.

Regards

Cheryl

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nice to meet you Lotus. I'm glad you found the site and its been helpful for you. You do sound a very positive person with a great outlook. All the best for your treatment -- drop in and post as often as you like! :)

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nice to meet you Lotus. I'm glad you found the site and its been helpful for you. You do sound a very positive person with a great outlook. All the best for your treatment -- drop in and post as often as you like! :)

Di

• Lotus17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your wonderful supportive words. In the wee hours of the morning when i posted my blog I was feeling very lost and alone. When I read your response and that of other amazing women on this site, I was lifted by the encouragment and words of wisdom.

I have an amazing amount of support from some very close friends but being able to 'put it out there' to others who are experiencing a similar journey is incredibly cathartic and I thank you.

I know I will make it through the 'oncoming storm' with a little help from my friends. ;)
  • Lotus17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It was so heartening to wake from my fog of the last weeks to find such warm welcomes and words of encouragement and support from women who had never met me.
    There is a true 'sisterhood' willing to offer assistance in times of 'crisis' and I thank you for your support Daina.
    Lotus17
  • Lotus17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanx for your encouraging response ;)
    I am moving forward and keen to get my treatment started. I met with my oncologist today and she is lovely, practical and down to earth. I begin my first round of treatment next Thursday.

Lotus17
    :)

• Lotus17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanx Cheryl. It sounds like you have come through some tough times. Than you for sharing with me. I have had my venting of anger and decided he is now no longer worth the energy. I am going to concentrate all of my energy on ME!
    I think I have always been a glass 'full' person and believe there is something positive in everything and everyone and although this may be a 'challenging' time finding the BCNA site has put me in touch with some incredibly courageous and positive women!

Thanx for the shoulder ;)

• Lotus17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanx for your response and best wishes Di.
    I begin chemo next Thursday and will continue to jump on and blogg. Hopefully I can repay the support and encouragement I have recieved to date :)
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can't begin to imagine how you cope with a breast cancer diagnosis AND news of an unfaithful husband.You are one gutsy woman!! Great to hear that you have lots of family and friends to support you cos you will need them. Chemo will be the hardest of all treatments(well that's what I found).But you will get lots of support and info from this site.You won't feel so alone- always someone to chat to.I've had breast cancer twice(2003,2010)and am now ok. I've pretty well had all the treatments except reconstruction.It takes big chuncks of time out of your life but once you come through it you are so relieved and ready to live ,live,live! As all the ladies have said,just concentrate on yourself now and we are all here for you.

Tonya xx