Rain

Options
benellendan
benellendan Member Posts: 25
edited October 2010 in Day to day

It's raining today.  It's also a bit cold.  I love the rain - it's so cleansing.  I'm home today doing 'housework' type things - paying the bills, checking schedules, prioritising activities, doing laundry, cleaning house.  I never thought I'd ever catch myself saying "I don't mind housework."  But here I am saying just that.  I know why too - it's because these are day to day activities and they are activities that bless my family.  These days after breast cancer diagnosis, that's what is important to me - my family. Not the career I spent so long building and the ladder I kept climbing, not the friends who were there one minute and are now gone because they couldn't handle the possibility that I might die from this disease (but God Bless the true friends who stood by my side, going to doctor appointments and treatment with me, watching me suffer through surgery, needles, knifes, and medication that made me so sick) and not the rude old people in line at the supermarket who push through because they think they have a right because of their age.  One thing I've learned in the past 8 months is 'live in the here and now because that's the only thing that is guaranteed.'

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

living in a rural area here, and having been in a drought for a few years, its good to see some rain, and the crops are looking great so everyone is happy here. and yes you are right priorities change after breast cancer (or any kind of cancer), i too believe in living for the here and now, and discard any negative people from my life. life is for living not for complaining.

• benellendan
    benellendan Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well said Moira!  I'll 'wish' some more rain to you over there too - although not too much otherwise you may get flooded:)