Options
Joey_36
Joey_36 Member Posts: 51
edited April 2012 in Newly diagnosed

Hi girls,

I am new to this website and although I am still waiting for my biopsy to come back I have been told to prepare as I will be seeing a surgeon on Friday. I am only 37 with three small children (7, 4 and 1) I am beside myself with worry. Any help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Joanne

Comments

• Joey_36
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much Carol. I will try to stay strong. xxx
  • Joey_36
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much Carol. I will try to stay strong. xxx
  • chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Joanne

I was diagnosed on 19/3/12, had my surgery on 21/3/12. Had my lump removed from my right breast and 20/20 lymph nodes removed were cancerous. I was also in that whirlwind. From fist finding the lump to surgery all in one week, but here I am, still smiling. All I think about is that I was glad I found it and now it is time to fix it. I start my first chemo session next Friday 27/4. My start to the 'journey".

You have gone to the right place. This website is amazing, and so are all the lovely courageous women out there with whom you can talk to, and ask for advice.I have found fantastic friends here, and I to have only just recently started on this website.

If you like, you can have me as a contact.

I wish you well, and my thoughts are with you  on Friday. Good luck and try not to worry. You know you will be in great and fantastic hands of everyone.

Julie XX

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Joanne

I was diagnosed on 19/3/12, had my surgery on 21/3/12. Had my lump removed from my right breast and 20/20 lymph nodes removed were cancerous. I was also in that whirlwind. From fist finding the lump to surgery all in one week, but here I am, still smiling. All I think about is that I was glad I found it and now it is time to fix it. I start my first chemo session next Friday 27/4. My start to the 'journey".

You have gone to the right place. This website is amazing, and so are all the lovely courageous women out there with whom you can talk to, and ask for advice.I have found fantastic friends here, and I to have only just recently started on this website.

If you like, you can have me as a contact.

I wish you well, and my thoughts are with you  on Friday. Good luck and try not to worry. You know you will be in great and fantastic hands of everyone.

Julie XX

• nic40
    nic40 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Joanne,

I was diagnosed end of January and between now and then have had a lumpectomy, axillary node clearance, mastectomy and 2 rounds of chemo....but guess what, I have just had one of the top 5 days ever and have a very big smile on my face. I'm 41 with a son aged 5 and daughter aged 2 and we spent the day rambling along the beach and collecting shells and having a laugh with each other. My life has been turned upside down in the past couple of months and the waiting for results was by far the hardest part. Take it a day at a time and take joy in the small things. I know I've become way more patient with my kids and have slowed life down, both out of necessity due to my health and also through choice. You will find out who your real friends are, and if you have a "mum's group" circle, you will find they will be amazing. Accept any help that is offered. Some people offer, other's "do" , and it is the people who do things for you without being asked (folding washing, cooking and freezing meals etc) who are your angels. I've only been on this journey for a short time - its a hell of a ride, but its not all downs...there  have been plenty of ups also.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday

Nic xxxx

• pammy
    pammy Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Joey

So sorry you've had to join "the family" here but this is a great place for asking any questions or just venting.. I hope your able to take someone with you tomorrow because you are going to get information overload and will need a second pair of ears.. Remember there are no stupid questions so ask all that you can when you are with the surgeon.. But more importantly look after yourself.. You've just gotten on the rollercoaster, its a bumpy, scarey ride but it does get better and you wil feel more in control..

Sending hugs and love

Pammy

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Joey,

I came home from hospital yesterday, 4 days after surgery - bilateral mastectomies - and feel amazingly well.

I just wanted you to know that it was nowhere near as bad as I imagined, the hospital staff were wonderful, there was as much pain relief as you want, and everyone makes sure you are comfortable with lots of pillows.  I was stage 3 too.

Don't be afraid - it is all over very quickly whatever surgery you may have - just keep thinking "this time next week it will be over" - and it is.

Thinking of you - be strong - lots of hugs,

Michelle xx

• lady4
    lady4 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Carol, for the sound advice..... I have been eargerly awaiting just something from bcna and that sounds good enough to me!

Best wishes