Have a cold

Options
Allicat
Allicat Member Posts: 83
edited March 2012 in Health and wellbeing

So I have a cold. It is a year since I finished chemo so it is of no special importance to have a cold now. But, it is the first time I have been sick since I had cancer.

I don't know quite why, but it is weird and I feel quite bothered. I guess it is because I have gradually getting stronger and fitter and I feel scared now to be feeling ill again. It is not a very severe cold but I have stayed home from work for the past 2 days when in the pre-cancer past I would have soldiered on and gone to work.

I feel confused.

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi

It was good to read your post and feel that someone else feels how I did the first time i got a cold after going back to work and feeling the best in ages. It made me feel I was weak but like you  I took time off work where I wouldn't have before but have decided that I am number one and my health really matters to me. I have just had my second cold in a year and also took another 2 days off sick and do you know it was the best thing to do as the cold has almost gone. Don't be confused it's actually really normal fact is people get colds even if they haven't gone through what we have!

Take care

Sarah x

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi

It was good to read your post and feel that someone else feels how I did the first time i got a cold after going back to work and feeling the best in ages. It made me feel I was weak but like you  I took time off work where I wouldn't have before but have decided that I am number one and my health really matters to me. I have just had my second cold in a year and also took another 2 days off sick and do you know it was the best thing to do as the cold has almost gone. Don't be confused it's actually really normal fact is people get colds even if they haven't gone through what we have!

Take care

Sarah x

• Allicat
    Allicat Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Sarah, it's good to know someone understands. It is a hard thing to talk about with other people.