Walking

Options
Tania67
Tania67 Member Posts: 112
edited March 2012 in Health and wellbeing

I would love to get involve in something like that. I had my second chemo yesterday and had an aweful reaction to it...but came good.

Excercise is something that I need to do and your group sounds perfect.

This is my first blog. I just joined, so any tips would be good too:)

Comments

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Di

It said you sent me a message, but i cant read it??

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Di

It said you sent me a message, but i cant read it??

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tania -- that was just a notification to group members of your new post. :) 

But, hi, and welcome! :)  Happy to see you here, and I agree, the Walk n Talk sounds like a great idea!

• Choices4Me
    Choices4Me Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls

I started up the group but until the three of you joined it was me running solo.  If you would like to meet for a coffee and a chat at the Kiosk on the esplanade at Somerton Park/Glenelg East on a Monday or Friday please let me know and we can arrange it.  Will chat soon as busy at work at present. 

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm jealous, I'd come if was even in the same state! :)  

Also, just to help you out with the way these groups work, when you leave a comment on a post, only the people already participating in that post will get a notification.  If you want to talk to all members of your group, look at the row of tabs just under the group name on your group homepage (click the group name under your userpic), and use the 'broadcast' feature.  That will send a message to everyone in your group.

Hope that helps, and enjoy the coffee!

~Di

• Choices4Me
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di

Thanks for the heads up.  I will give it a try.  I hope you are feelinjg better.  I finished Chemo in June 2011.  Seems like years ago now.  My hair has had a couple of hair cuts but is still really short.  Getting married end of June so hoping to make the most of it.  Wishing you good health and each chemo you have is one less ahead of you.

Big hugs.

Jenn

• Choices4Me
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls

If you are interested in catching up at 11.30 this coming Friday for a coffee and to meet anyone else that would be great.  Lets meet at The Broadway Kiosk.  Located at the beach end of The Broadway on the corner of  The Esplanade.

I will have a golden cocker spaniel with me.

Jenn

• vivvygirl
    vivvygirl Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well the news report today about exercise and breast cancer has finally pushed me into doing something.   I have been thinking for a while I am unfit and overweight but couldn't motivate myself. So this is it....time to get my self back on track and feeling healthy again.

Are you girls still walking in the winter?  If so I would love to join you. 

Viv

• raylene
    raylene Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi

I live in Warradale and would love to catch up with other ladies and go for a walk please let me know when the next walk is

cheers

• raylene
    raylene Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

any day is good for me

cheers

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls

Fridays is good for me. Would love to see you again. Oh and congrats on your wedding. Hope it was a great day for you 

Tania xxx

• Choices4Me
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tania

I will aim for a Friday.  Is that the only day incase someone can't make Fridays.  It will be nice to catch up with you as well.

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Jenn,

Yeah, Fridays are really it for me. I work Mon-Thurs. Just had my other mastectomy and reconstruction 5 weeks ago and doing well.

Chat soon xx

• vivvygirl
    vivvygirl Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Fridays work for me so will try to get there.
    It will be great to meet you all

Viv
  • Choices4Me
    edited March 2015
    Options

It looks like Raylene may also be available Fridays so perhaps we all meet on the 15th and all of you earlier if you can?  Didn't mean to leave you out Raylene, just busy trying to get to an appointment.

Jennifer