sad day

Options
danielle ghilardi
danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
edited February 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Wow what a day. I went to a friends funeral today and it was only my second ever funeral but this one meant a little more than the first and it really got me.

I actually got really light headed and started sweating profusely whilst we were outside so discreetly my husband got me back to the car where i just had to lay down. He rescued me with a muffin and a can of coke so i am a little unsure wether its my blood pressure or just the reality of how close i could of come to my own death but it was horrible.

Luckily i was able to pull my shit together and make it into the service. I am really glad that i did.

So another great amazing beautiful woman has been taken from my life due to cancer and as much as it hurts that they are gone i know that they are no longer in any pain.

I hate you cancer.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hugs to you, Danielle -- sounds like you had a tough day.  I'm glad you made it into the service to be with your friends, too.

Di

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda,

I totally agree that the no more pain thing is no consolidation for no more life. It is the only positive that can be found i guess in some ones passing from anything.  Cancer is crap i wish it would go away!!!

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda,

I totally agree that the no more pain thing is no consolidation for no more life. It is the only positive that can be found i guess in some ones passing from anything.  Cancer is crap i wish it would go away!!!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for your loss Danielle.  It is really hard to lose someone close to the same diseas that you are battling with.  However, I am sure you have picked yourself up, dusted off and have now got back to IT  (Living the best life possible that your friend would have wished for you)  XLeonie