Hello

pammeredith
pammeredith Member Posts: 17
edited January 2012 in General discussion

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself.

Im 56 years of age and was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer (bone metastises) in November 2011. Previous to this i was diagnosed with two lots of different breast cancer and treatment consisted of a double masectomy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormonal therapy tablets.

I am still learning how to deal and cope with the diagnosis of "Secondary Breast Cancer" which is why i have joined this group to meet and talk with people who are in a similar situation.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Pam

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Welcome to the site. It really is getting very big.  I was diagnosed with secondary bc last Dec (2010).  It was in a lymp node in the axilla.  I have had surgery, radiation and chemo then Arimidex.  I finished chemo in June but still have "lasting memories" and aches and pains from it.  I am gradually working through it.  I went to Brisbane last week to see a Neurologist who has ordered more tests.  However, I am feeling much better and finally regaining some strength.  It is all about living the best life each day that you can.  I hope you get to "meet" lots of ladies on the site. XLeonie