Breast Implants

Options
Biddie
Biddie Member Posts: 4
edited December 2011 in General discussion

I had two breast implants in February 2010 at the time of my double breast removal. I have read the newspapers today and I am very scared that they are the ones French women are having removed. Any suggestions?

Comments

• -Samantha-
    -Samantha- Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Biddie,
    Did your Plastic Surgeon give you a copy of your implant information? ( I got a little card with all my serial numbers and info about what type of implant I have on it)
    I'd suggest you ring your Dr & ask him/her about your specific implants & put your mind at rest.
    The ABC has a good article on it that shows the TGA are not concerned with any Implants here in australia.
    I'd still ring today & put your mind at ease.
    Have a lovely Xmas Biddie,
    Sam x
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Biddie, I agree with Sam. You should have your details somewhere, otherwise your Plastic Surgeon will have a record of your implant type. I'm about to have my tissue expanders exchanged for silicone implants, and my Dr gave me a booklet on the Allergan type that he uses, even before I had decided if I was going to go down that path. It has all sorts of info in it, and pages in the back where I'm meant to sign that I fully understand about implants, blah, blah, blah. It is a 34 page booklet. Can I ask you please, if you have been happy with your implants, apart from the recent news scare? I'm looking forward to the change over, as one of mine is quite tight and has moved abit out of its pocket, probably due to the massive haematoma I developed, that needed surgical drainage, 20 days after my mastectomy and
    insertion of tissue expander on that side. Try not to
    worry about the implants. Perhaps you should ring your surgeon today, so you can have a more relaxed
    Christmas without the worry.
    Love Chris xx
  • Biddie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for calming me down. I found out today I don't have the PIP implants. It took a while because of the Holidays.How silly of me not to have more imformation about my implants. The surgercal report has been now faxed to my GP.

• Biddie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for answering me in a very dark moment. The thought of more medical treatment sent me into a panic. I have found out I don't have the PIP implants. But would advise all women to ask about the actual implant they are getting. I had my breasts removed and the implants in all in the one operation. It all happened in a one week period and I was that tied up in the actual cancer and treatment I never asked about the implants. My GP has now been faxed the imformation. As I live in the country it is very important that a local doctor has this information. In hindsight I was not thinking. Biddie

• Biddie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for keeping me calm. I did panic. I don't have the PIP implants but now realise I should have asked more questions . Biddie