Feeling good

Options
pennyb
pennyb Member Posts: 176
edited December 2011 in General discussion
Hi ladies,
Hope every one is having a great day.
I haven't cried in 2 days! Yippee!
I went shopping today and bought nearly all my Christmas presents, seeing though I can't use the credit card, I mainly got vouchers for everyone.
I'm feeling much better today, 1 whole week til 3rd chemo and I intend to enjoy.
I know I say it all the time but thank you all for your support and advice. You ladies never fail to make me feel better.
Much love Penny xxx

Comments

• Joy K
    Joy K Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options

Make the most of the good days! As you get used to the treatment you'll find the good days also increase and allow you to do pretty much anything. There was not a day during my chemo that I didn't take myself out for morning tea or lunch or dinner either by myself or with friends - even when my taste buds disappeared and I couldn't taste anything! I was determined to live as normal a life as possible and as I don't like cooking this was a good way to maintain contact with the world outside of breast cancer.

Hope you get your credit card operational ASAP, how did we exist without them? Mine got gobbled up by a faulty machine and boy did I miss the convenience.

Put away the tissues and enjoy Christmas with your family

Love

Joy K

• Joy K
    Joy K Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options

Make the most of the good days! As you get used to the treatment you'll find the good days also increase and allow you to do pretty much anything. There was not a day during my chemo that I didn't take myself out for morning tea or lunch or dinner either by myself or with friends - even when my taste buds disappeared and I couldn't taste anything! I was determined to live as normal a life as possible and as I don't like cooking this was a good way to maintain contact with the world outside of breast cancer.

Hope you get your credit card operational ASAP, how did we exist without them? Mine got gobbled up by a faulty machine and boy did I miss the convenience.

Put away the tissues and enjoy Christmas with your family

Love

Joy K

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree girls, it's great to get out and be a part of the real world and feel normal. It's been 3 weeks since I finished chemo and I feel almost back to my old self. I'm not feeling tired during the day and I'm doing all my normal activities. I go for long periods during the day when I totally forget about breast cancer. Except for still being bald, everything else seems pretty good. Maybe I'm in a state of denial, or maybe it's because I had a 9 year break between my two cancers, but I'm feeling pretty positive. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm certainly enjoying living for today. Life is such a gift.
    I'm glad you haven't cried for two days Penny; major step forward!! xxx Jane
  • pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny,

Glad you are going ok for now, and crying less. Retail therapy does make you feel a little better. I agree with  going out into " real " world when you can, as it helps to keep you connected. I did feel a little like my world stopped and I had to start it again. I think it was shock..grief ..reaction....coming to terms with it all.

Be kind to yourself.  A nice Xmas to you and your family, Kathy. OOXX