The Gawler Foundation residential course

jules
jules Member Posts: 29
edited March 2012 in Health and wellbeing

My last post I was looking at doing a residential course and decided on the Gawler Foundation.

My husband and I did a ten day life and living course and a five day follow up course. I have since been back down to the beautiful Yarra Valley for another five days of great food, meditation, the latest information but most of all bucket loads of HOPE!!

My husband said after the first ten day course we did that he felt it was the best thing we'd ever done.

The cancer in my lymph nodes in numerous places on the last set of scans I had are now "non evident"

So that's my good news for Christmas!!I I hope others are doing well. xx

Comments

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015

Hi Julie

Great news!  I have been thinking of doing a residential course too - either Gawler Foundation or Petrea King.  Hopefully I will do one next year as I have only heard positive things about both courses.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Amy

• Deeay
    Deeay Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2015
    I did this one in October and found it great! It is very expensive but you can apply for a subsidized place if you can't afford the full fee. I brought home lots of ideas for living well-food, relaxation, mind etc. Really recommend.

Jules- what did you do to help the cancer in your lymph nodes go away?
  • jules
    edited March 2015

I have done the Gawler ten day life and living program and two five day follow up programs.

As my husband says, it is the best thing we have ever done.

The residentials are expensive but when you work out food,accomadation and seven days of information, entertainment and meditation it's not really.Like Petrea the foundation offers subsidies to people in need.

• jules
    edited March 2015

Hi Deeay,

Sorry I missed your question.

To get rid of the spread in my lymph nodes I did a lot.Firstly my beautiful oncologist did lots of rechearch and talked to lots of other oncologists and we decided to go on a new chemo protocol called GemCarbo (gemcitabine and carboplatin) both given two weeks running and then a week free.I had nine sessions but my bone marrow took a beating and I started to get sick so we had scans and low and behold all the involved lymph nodes were clear.

I also do a lot of adjuct, complementary things.I am vegan,no animal products.I have green juices and smoothies.I have no caffine,limit alcohol and sugar.Stay away from white stuff,flour,rice,bread,pasta.

Also I meditate everyday.I do think keeping as stress free as possible and not letting your head run away with all the bad thoughts has a big impact on your body.

This all sounds like a lot but after ten days at Gawler, Phil and I just kept going with the diet and other recommendations and felt so good we didn't feel like changing back.Phil is vegan too and only drinks green tea now and has come of all his cholesterol tablets.

It's a big journey but when I was first diagnosed my daughter was 5 mths pregnant with my first grandchild.He is now two and I am overwhelemed with how much we love each other.Emily is now pregnant again so I have to do all I can to stay here for a long time yet.

Love and blessings to you.