House of chaos!

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited November 2011 in General discussion

Did I say "happy days"in my last blog??We have been in our new house now for 6 weeks and it's still total chaos.Carpets in,fences up,foxtel on, antenna on the roof(hubby's priorities),flyscreens and blinds done,pergola up,garden shed up,ikea furniture put together(I went out that day).Just waiting on some more furniture now and the big finale - paving and landscaping.None of this has gone smoothly -antenna guy accidentally put a big hole in the wall,one of the pergola posts is not straight,some furniture is on it's way back to China due to being a totally different colour.My husband has accepted that nothing in life is perfect -my take is"doesn't anyone take pride in their work anymore?"We still have a few boxes to unpack and the push is on now to finish the house by December BECAUSE - My daughter and her partner and their crazy cat want to move in with us while they build their house.House of chaos is about to reach a whole new level! Been far too busy to think about myself(a good thing) or  Christmas(not a good thing)Why do the shops get Christmas stuff out in October?It only makes us anxious.On a brighter note,I have hair this summer and won't have to combust under a wig/scarf like last summer.I'm so grateful to have my health and my hair back so I can enjoy all  this chaos!

Tonya xx

Comments

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Tonya, I felt exhausted just reading everything you have done. I must agree it is most difficult to find someone who truely has pride in their work anymore. You are blessed to have a handy husband - it seems they are very rare. I am also blessed with my handy husband.

My hair is starting to grow too - I have almost 2cm it has returned almost completely white. My eyebrows have returned too, now to wait on the eyelashes. Certainly could have done with no leg hair (particularly for summer lol.)

Hope the landscaping is done in time for christmas for you and your family and friends to enjoy.

All the very best.

Maria333

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are just so lucky that you quit working when you did.  You don't realize how much there is to do when you buy another home.  I don't have the privilege of a handy husband  anymore, so i will just use " hire a hubby for a day" when i eventually sell and move into a new home, and by George he better be good.

Time has gone past so quickly  it seems just like a couple of weeks ago you were talking about quitting your job, now look what you have achieved since that time.  It wont be too long now and your house will become your home and you can enjoy some  tranquility  in your lives.

Cheers Jo xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad your hair is coming back.I resorted to headbands when mine was 2cms cos it was just so hot to keep covering it.The white hair might suit you but if not you can always dye it blonde.What colour were you before?

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes the time has flown since I quit work on the 8th of August. I'm so glad I did because I'm needed here as chief project manager.By downsizing we made a good profit which enabled me to stop work.There are lovely women on this site who have now got secondary cancer and you just never know if you might be next.So once this house is in order we plan to travel next year.I also want to return to my creative side.How is your house painting going and when will you be selling?Hope it will free you up to do what you enjoy.

love Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  I panic all the time wondering how on earth I am going to have the energy to move - next April/May.  Then I see your post.  I know I can do it as we will only be moving down the road and the yard is all done - not like all the extras that you have had to endure.  However, today brings new things to think about.  Our investment house into which we are moving was burgled!!!!  Now I am only thinking of the security measures that I will be putting in place.  Forget about the new furniture, I will be using the money to keep the robbers out of my yard and house.  Gosh it is scarey.  I have always lived in a high house except for a short period of time when I lived in a low one - I hated it.  Guess who will be checking out security companies tomorrow.   XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  I panic all the time wondering how on earth I am going to have the energy to move - next April/May.  Then I see your post.  I know I can do it as we will only be moving down the road and the yard is all done - not like all the extras that you have had to endure.  However, today brings new things to think about.  Our investment house into which we are moving was burgled!!!!  Now I am only thinking of the security measures that I will be putting in place.  Forget about the new furniture, I will be using the money to keep the robbers out of my yard and house.  Gosh it is scarey.  I have always lived in a high house except for a short period of time when I lived in a low one - I hated it.  Guess who will be checking out security companies tomorrow.   XLeonie

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

My house painting is so slow, i really have lost so much  interest and am so lethargic.  I hate painting with a passion.  There is only a couple of rooms to go and then i will sell. Probably this time next year providing the house market improves, it's so bad at the moment over here.  I need to start work again after radiation so all the painting  needs to be finished by then. Isn't it a bugger the way the energy level  and strength just deteriorates once you stop working. Mine has just vanished, feels like I'm so much older. 

Cheers Jo xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  I have decided not to return to work - at this stage.  I will be giving up my job (very hard decision but it is the right one for me at this point).  I couldn't possibly go to work and be dependable.  I never know how I will wake up from day to day.  So many aches and pains and I keep "getting" everything that is in the air!!!!  I hope your daughter and her partner know that they have to be "helpful" to you.  Then again there is always a positive side.  They may be able to housesit whilst you have a little trip!!!!XLeonie

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi tonya, yes i was a bit anxious about xmas the other day, then i said to myself, xmas will come and go if i do anything or nothing, so try not to stress over it.

think i will stay here  this year and do a quiet lunch with harry, my neighbour.

for many years i have done the round trip to mum's, an hour away, so it will be good just to stay put on the day i think.

glad you will have hair this xmas. hope 2012  is a good year for you.  you plan to travel and return to your creative side; sounds like a good plan to me. :D

hello to LEONIE, marie  and jo1234 also... did you have mastectomy or lumpectomy maria?

i can relate to less stamina, energy, etc also.. be kind to yourselves.

all the best, kathy OOOXXX.

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

Getting in touch with your creative side can be so therapeutic.  I'm not very creative but do love photography as well.  My aim now is to do something with all my photo's - create some photo books, dvd's etc.  Might be a good project while I am recovering from surgery.

My surgery on Thursday is right breast mastectomy (left one done in March with tissue expander) and diep flap reconstruction.  I opted for the right breast mastectomy because of family history.  Major op, 8 - 10 hrs and then 7 - 10 days in hospital so I am feeling a little nervous but not too bad.

Ann-Marie xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes,that's long surgery but you look young which will go in your favour.Couldn't be worse than chemo ! You will have a lovely figure for summer and I guess you'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes.Just keep busy from now till next Thursday -will be thinking of you.

Tonya xx

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

You poor dear! Chaos - like we all need that!  I am booking our Tassie trip soon and am not going to my daughters wedding in Canberra (too far, too costly) as she only gave me 4 weeks notice and we have to 'motel' our stay there - it would mean that long yearned-for trip to Tassie would have to suffer, so I decided to bite the bullit and decide 'My hubby and I deserve our long awaited break'......My daughter was to busy to visit me when I was undergoing chemo - so my feelings of guilt about not making a nine hour journey to Canberra are quite diminished!  In the meantime there is a family hullabalo about my mother-in-laws 80th birthday at the end of January - sorry folks am not going to let any thing stand in my way - my birthday is the 15th of Feb and the Tassie trip is making up for the fact that I can't afford to pay for my kids to fly in for my birthday - I will be celebrating my 60th and this time last year I was worried I wouldn't make it! Yep chaos kiddo - know where you are coming from! - by the way we have the craziest neighbours - I am praying they will move and we wont be forced out!  Having a removal right in the middle of my chemo was no fun and games, as you well remember Tonya.......no one is going to upset this little black duck! x x x x x Josie