Happy Birthday to my 10 year old Daughter

Options
MandaMoo
MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
edited October 2011 in General discussion

Dear Micky,

Happy 10th Birthday!  Wow!  double figures - I had no idea when I birthed you 10 years ago how you would change my world.  How when I looked in your eyes and we connected there was an instant bond.  I was amazed how my body grew and sustained you, how my breasts alone provided you nutrition.  

So many memories - first smile, first tooth, rolling, crawling, walking, talking and singing - oh my your singing - an angels voice.  It seems like yesterday and it seems like forever.  I want more,  I want yesterday and I want tomorrow. Oh so much I want tomorrow with you...

But we only have today so let's make the most of it.  Let's laugh and cry and kiss and cuddle and sing and dance and laugh without a care in the world.

Love you more each second my perfect little girl.

Mummy xxx

It's my fervent hope that by the time my little girl is my age, breast cancer is no longer in our world, that she will never have to feel the fear that I do, that I won't be there to nurture her to adulthood like a mother should.  That she won't have to see the pain it causes her partner and children and family and friends to deal with cancer every day.  It is my fervent hope that in trying to live just for today I will set an example that will enable her to live a full life. 

Amanda xx

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

With a mother like you your daughter is so blessed and I am certain that she will grow into the strong young lady that you desire her to be.  You will always be with her.  Have the most wonderful day together.  XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've always thought that the greatest gift you can give your kids is a happy childhood with lovely memories to look back on later in life.I think you have well and truly accomplished that for your daughter Amanda.

love Tonya xx

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    What a beautiful birthday message to your daughter. It has brought tears to my eyes. I agree whole heartedly with Leonie.
    My prayer for you, is that you will spend many birthdays with your children, and that you will see them grow to adulthood, and be there to enjoy their children too.
    Wishing you a very happy day as you celebrate your daughter's birthday today.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    What a beautiful birthday message to your daughter. It has brought tears to my eyes. I agree whole heartedly with Leonie.
    My prayer for you, is that you will spend many birthdays with your children, and that you will see them grow to adulthood, and be there to enjoy their children too.
    Wishing you a very happy day as you celebrate your daughter's birthday today.
    Love Chris xx
  • pinkpeonie
    pinkpeonie Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda

Congrats on celebrating your daughters 10th birthday.

It was my daughters last month - double digits its such a milestone.

I agree with all - your words are soo beautiful - and very poignant at this time for sure.

I pray too that there are many more birthdays to celebrate and also that yes when our girls are grown that things will be different !!!

I trust you are doing as best as possible and have a very happy day with your lovely family.

Love debsx

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi amanda, thankyou for your words and happy birthday to your daughter !

TEN TEN TEN TEN TEN TEN ..... WOW !!!!

10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 ........ OOOOOXXXXXXXX

have a nice day,

kathy.

• MandaMoo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks everyone - we had a lovely day - a bit more celebration tomorrow also then we must move on - hahahaha! After all I have another turning 7 in a few weeks.  

Love and light to you all.

Amanda xx

• MandaMoo
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks everyone - we had a lovely day - a bit more celebration tomorrow also then we must move on - hahahaha! After all I have another turning 7 in a few weeks.  

Love and light to you all.

Amanda xx

• traxx65
    traxx65 Member Posts: 252
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Birthday to you daughter Micky.  Hope she had a great day.

Tracey

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Birthday Mickey the Big 10.

Well done Mandy, I love all the words you shared - I too have thought the same for my children.

All the very best.

Maria333

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Birthday Mickey the Big 10.

Well done Mandy, I love all the words you shared - I too have thought the same for my children.

All the very best.

Maria333