A growing Network

Options
Amanda_BCNA
Amanda_BCNA Staff Posts: 19
edited October 2010 in Day to day

My first blog! Exciting for me as I'm quite new to the world of social networking, however really excited about the possibilities our new online community will offer in terms of connecting women affected by breast cancer around the country.

Today I found myself smiling at my screen after I did a search of profiles - this is what spurred on this first blog. It's so lovely to see a number of our Community Liaisons and Member Group leaders taking the step to create an online profile. When I think about these two roles within our Network, it makes sense for women to be able to connect with those who are happy to be public about their experience and have already put their hand up to say they want to do something to support others, and work more closely with our organisation. Particularly for our Community Liaisions, where time can often be the factor which holds many back from being able to do 'more' - yes, many say to me "but I wish I could do more". Now with our online community in your own time and in your own style you can do more to support others, by sharing your story, welcoming new online members and by responding to women seeking support from others who have been there.

This is only the beginning and I'm excited to share in the ride with you all.

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well here is my first Blog post and I have some really, super, exciting news to share with your all.....BCNA is coming to a town near me soon... whoo hoo!!! I have a bus licence and I am trying to get a group together for a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!! Thankyou BCNA!!!
  • Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well here is my first Blog post and I have some really, super, exciting news to share with your all.....BCNA is coming to a town near me soon... whoo hoo!!! I have a bus licence and I am trying to get a group together for a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!! Thankyou BCNA!!!
  • ThelmaF
    ThelmaF Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, This is a whole new world for me. Hope this works.
    Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the Forum in Townsville next week
    Sorry I will miss the Key Women get together also.
    Hope the Forum and Get Together is a great success.
    Looking forward to hearing of the outcomes of the get together.
    Really wish I could have made it.
    Cheers, Thelma