Your day in three songs.

kezmusc
kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
Hi beautiful people.  I am a huge music fan and have found it so very important in helping to get through the last year.   I have used it as a distraction to send me somewhere else when I have had to do something not so nice or when I was scared.  I've used it to help the tears flow or not to.  I use it to change my moods. 

My day is a good one so here's my playlist for today.

Your Song        Elton John                 (for no particular reason than it was playing in my head when I woke up)

Get Rhythm      Johnny Cash

Three little birds   Bob Marley

I would love to hear yours.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Great topic  @kezmusc !!

I'm back loving my music since kick starting my uke group in 2011 ..... I hear music (get it??) in every phrase & everyday sayings - and if someone says 2 words together that are in a song - I am likely to sing it!  LOL

I've just done an arrangement for the uke group for Midnight in Moscow - and just now, I am humming, singing, strumming and 'picking' it - even at 2am in the morning!!  grrrrr  Kenny Ball is more famous for his version tho!

Iz's  ... Somewhere/Wonderful World - the youtube video of Iz's 'homecoming funeral/ashes' has me in tears every time I watch it.

Let's Twist Again ...... just such a bouncy song - we play it all the time at our gigs & when we perform at Uke Festivals!  People get up & dance in the aisles!!  SO much fun!!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Well my day’s been a good one so I’d pick my favourites :

Joan Baez singing a Dylan song “Forever Young “
    Gladys Knight and the Pips “ The Need to Be ”
    and Eva Cassidy singing Sting’s song “ Fields of Gold”

• Romla
    If you haven’t heard Eva Cassidy - enjoy!

https://youtu.be/9UVjjcOUJLE
  • Romla
    Now if I had been a less mellow day it would have been Janis Joplin , The Band and Joe Cocker “Mad Dogs and Englishmen”
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Great idea.

Good days: " I love to see you dancing in your baggy pants", June Tabor; Duo Seraphim, Vespers, Monteverdi; Gloria, Patti Smith.

Reflective days: Canto for Benjamin Britten, Arvo Part; " I Fall To Pieces", Patsy Cline; Mahler's Resurrection Symphony. 
  • Romla
    Thanks for June Tabor @ Afraser - I forgot my folk roots -you might like another favourite of mine Paddy Reilly 
  • kezmusc
    So today's song is going to be "I'm Still Standing"  because it is now stuck in my head thank you @RachelG. LOL  And I love love love Elton.

xoxo
  • RachelG
    RachelG Member Posts: 50
    I do too @kezmusc, I was brought up listening to him as another one of my Dads Favs!! Xx
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    One call away (Charlie Puth) 
    Fight Song (Rachael Platten)
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

A song from my past, that works today. I've been rained inside after slithering around in the mud, redneck rehabbing my little heart out. Rain! How good is that? A couple of tons of wood to deal with; I've decided to move an old pile to make way for a new one which has changed the days plans. Humming away, feeling pretty good. I'm going for broke and intending to spend most of the day testing my endurance. Did I mention it's raining? Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2RzVhw4rE

• kezmusc
    Awesome @Zoffiel,

I didn't  even know we could share videos!  Shows how techie I am.  Unfortunately only getting spits and spats of rain here.  The place is like a dust bowl! Love the Redneck Rehab. :smiley: