Its been a big week !!

tigerbeth
tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
Celebrating our youngest sons wedding was the highlight of our week .
Amazing celebration of love ! Emotional , happy ,fun are some of the words to describe this wonderful day ! 

Today started Rads :# went off ok , luckily middle son drove me so I didn't have to search for a parking space.
The whole exercise is a pain in the arse ,only because of driving there & back and finding a park :o 
Hope the next 4 weeks goes quick !!

Comments

• Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Wow! such gorgeous photos @tigerbeth and you look sensational! What a fabulous outift! And your boys look so proud to be standing with their stunning mum! 

There's nothing like a happy, family celebration! Congratulations to all of you.

Good luck with the radiation - I wish for you that the four weeks will be over before you know it, and you'll have a smooth ride. 

Yvette xxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Excellent! Good, happy busy is the best medicine of all.
    Yep, rads is a raving pain in the arse. It feels like it takes all day to do bugger all but develop quick simmer followed by a slow scorch. Who cooks like that? You get used to it just about the time you stop doing it.  Mxxx
  • tigerbeth
    Thanks Yvette ,love the photos too ! Usually hate ones of me , but these turned out ok, must of had something to do with the week of preparation beforehand !! and the dress !! lol !
    @Zoffiel You make me laugh! hope i don't scorch too much ! How are you doing ? hope you are feeling better & getting back on track .  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Beth you look RADIANT! I love a black sequin, gorgeous dress. And what a beautiful photograph of the bride and groom. Such abundant love <3<3<3  *happy sigh*
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    GORGEOUS!!  @tigerbeth   Lovely pics - Proud Mum!  :)  

All the best with your rads ...... I didn't have too hard a time of it .... so hope you don't either. xxxx   Make sure you lather up with lotions & potions immediately after & 2-3 times a day - just not BEFORE the rads.  Only after.

Do you have to travel far for the treatment?  I hope not - and I hope you have someone to drive you to & from.  

You'll get used to flashing your body at all number of strangers over the next 4 weeks ..... 

I was surprisingly emotional on my final session .... it caught me unawares!! They'd become 'part of my family' for the 4 weeks ..... be kind to yourself xxx
  • tigerbeth
    Thanks @kmakm & @arpie pretty happy !! :)

The nurse gave me pure sorbolene but I have moo goo as well so will probably try both 
    Its probably only 1/2 an hr away but in reality the traffic usually is crap & slows the trip down , parking is ridiculous !!
    Hopefully someone will drive me tomorrow , next week I will try to work in the morning & drive myself ,see how it goes .
    When I start getting too tired i'll have to take people up on their offers of driving me .

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I'll put my hand up for a bit of chauffeur work if you'll have me @tigerbeth. Brrm brrm!
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Gorgeous photos! You look stunning! Rads is a pain in the arse but I did 6weeks and flew through even with my Irish skin. The weeks fly by! Good luck and baste yourselfblike a turkey with moogoo. Worked wonders for me and had zero issues with burns etc.. xx
  • tigerbeth
    Thanks lovely Kate @kmakm , do you have an Uber licence ??? Lol !!!

Seriously though I think you have enough on your plate right now !

@Igray3911 thanks I hope I  sail through the rads with not too much drama .

Basting away !!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @tigerbeth. Amazing photos and u look stunning. So nice to have the fabulous things to look forward to and enjoy to take our minds of all the cancer crap!!
  • tigerbeth
    Thank you @Kiwi Angel It was a great day !

Back to reality today , med onc appt at Breast care centre , GP app at rooms, rads appt a hospital ,spending all day coming & going !!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @tigerbeth at least u had a nice time before this all started. I have found planning fun things to look forward to helped me get through all the treatment.