arimidex

Pearl
Pearl Member Posts: 16
edited June 2018 in General discussion
I have been on Arimidex now for about 16 months. Does anyone else suffer from jaw pain, frozen shoulder and annoyingly drippy nose, when taking this drug? Using 8 hankies a day for months and months is just crazy...like having permanent Hayfever!!

Comments

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Pearl I have been on Arimidex for seven years and my nose has dripped constantly since the first week - yes, like a tap.
    There are always aches and pains - the worst for me is very tender feet, we have tried everything and nothing makes any difference except voltaren. I've had painful aches in just about all parts of my body and at times its quite debilitating. Panadol can help and if I have an appointment I take two Voltaren the night before - this means I will be able to stand and walk. My Dr has advised against Voltaren so I am very cautious but at times its necessary. Over the years I have tried the gym (weights) and swimming - makes no difference to the aches and pains. Acupuncture, supplements, attention to diet, meditation etc etc - have made no impact on aches and pains.
  • Pearl
    Thanks for your speedy reply, Beryl. Seems these are just some side effects that we have to live with . My oncologist acknowledged the joint pains as being side effects, but I forgot to ask him about the permanent hayfever. I'll ask him next visit though. 
  • beccabecca
    beccabecca Member Posts: 71
    Hi, has your oncologist tried you on  different meds at all, I was on aromasin but cldn't take it because of allergy to an ingredient. Then I tried arimidex which was crippling me after 2&1/2 weeks, now on femara (letrozole) which is similar to arimidex, still bone pain but not as bad as with arimidex.maybe it's worth asking your oncologist? 
  • Pearl
    No...I've only ever been on Arimidex. I might ask him next visit though. Thing is, it's difficult to know what other drugs might do too!! Better or worse!!? Who knows!!?