Stability, Stability where are you??

Options
RR
RR Member Posts: 67
edited June 2018 in General discussion
Hi everyone,

After a 6 week battle to obtain a treatment plan, I received my first AC last Wednesday. I have battled constipation throughout the week, and have been vigilant with consuming copious amounts of water and eating quality food. I have used Ozmolax and SenneSoft, but my system isn't regular. Any tips would be welcomed :blush:

Thanks xx

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @RR I found that dulcolax worked for me. I had chemo on a Monday so would start taking my dex on the Sunday. I would take a dulcolax tablet each night from Sunday till around Thursday and then take a break till the next cycle but everyone is different. Good luck xo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I used coloxyl with Senna morning and night but just be aware that just because you're constipated on this cycle doesn't mean it won't be the opposite on the next cycle.  Walking, if you can, may also help get things moving.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Osmolax and Coloxyl. I battled constipation throughout chemo and after. It never got me to 'normal' motions, but backed up with daily consumption of prunes and regular intakes of All Bran and baked beans, it kept things moving along enough to avoid suppositories.

Then when I was in hospital having a BMX & recon I shut down for six days. Movicol and Coloxyl did the trick. Movicol gets the huge praise here, so don't hesitate, get onto it! K xox
  • RR
    RR Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Thank you xx
  • Kagisha
    Kagisha Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I had a bit of trouble with using Endone and found Metamucil orange flavour in big glass of water first thing in morning followed by another glass of water quite successful, sometimes I have another one round midday, possibly two Coloxyl+Senna at night, this worked for me, it is such an individual thing!
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    No 'over the counter' products give me 'success'. I find the vegetables okra and broccoli very effective.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    My oncologist recommended movichol morning and night and I was to start it the day prior AC chemo. I didn't know this until cycle 3 and almost kissed him as until then I literally was shitting bricks despite  morning and night x 2 120 coloxyl and using microlax (which just burned) and glycerine supps...which helped a little. I was drinking OJ, eating  nuts,  taking prunes. The movichol drags liquid into the bowel to soften the stool so it moves through. You can take more often if needed and there is a hone brand version at the chemists. I found it very kind on the tummy too. 

Taxol was the complete opposite issue. The joys of chemo. X