Invitation to a free online information session

Options
Marianne_BCNA
Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
edited June 2018 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

Letting you know about a free online video information session that BCNA is hosting for those recently diagnosed with breast cancer. 

The
session will provide practical tips about the information you need to help you
through this time and guidance on how to make the treatment decisions that are
best for you.

Hear
from leading experts, as well as a breast cancer survivor, who will share tips
on what she wishes she’d known when first diagnosed and trying to make
treatment decisions.

This is an interactive information session,
where you will have the opportunity to ask questions.

Speakers:

• Caroline Baker, breast surgeon
  • Kathryn Wallace, breast care
    nurse
  • Renee Gani, breast cancer
    survivor

Event details

Date: Wednesday 27 June
Time: 7.00 – 7:45 pm (AEST)
Where: online – from your computer, laptop or tablet

Your local time

WA: 5.00
NT, SA: 6.30 
ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC, QLD: 7.00

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Tagged:

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Can those of us not so recently diagnosed register? Out of interest? 
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Options
    HI @lrb_03
    Yes you can - the focus will be on information related to women recently diagnosed but you are more than welcome to join us!
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Options
    Forgot to say that we are interested hearing from you all regarding any questions you might have for the information session, so post them here and we will address them during the session. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Marianne can I put this information onto my facebook groups so newbies on there might come and link into this ? 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA I left you a Question on this above please. 

• Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi @SoldierCrab, Sorry for the dealy in responding - Marianne wasn't available today. Yes, you are welcome to circulate the information on your FB groups and thankyou :)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kagisha That doesn't sound good. Waiting is the pits. Try to stay in the present as best you can. Hang in there. K xox
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Kagisha sending you a private message
  • nikov
    nikov Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi there, will there be another opportunity like this later in the year?
  • SoldierCrab
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nikov this will begin in approx 13mins  as it is  tonight 

• Kagisha
    Kagisha Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I found my very dark time was actually after surgery waiting to see the oncologist and radiologist. I had literally only the surgeon to talk to, who obviously can't go into details of the proposed treatment. He was helpful in explaining why it is necessary for longterm prognosis to get rid of any cancer cells floating around. And lets not get carried away relying on GP etc. Lets face it in a lot of areas like for example rural towns GPs are hard to come by, they normally stay for two years and then move on, So my GP didn't know me at all until I needed some antibiotics for a throat infection recently, I actually went to Breast screen directly when I felt the lump. Then my GP was all shocked when I suddenly turned up and needed a referral for breast cancer surgery. You don't get that much support, you basically have to know what's wrong, like pain, redness, ok talk to the surgeon, need extra pain relief after surgery talk to GP. Tomorrow I am seeing my oncologist for the very first time. I find I got a lot of good information from internet sites, I trust myself to know which ones are serious and which ones are rubbish and BCNA network has helped me a lot to discover what might be encountered on the way. I just looked at the webinar but cannot watch it! Thinking of you all out there, long nights and days sometimes...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Stuff it!  I forgot!  I was watching "Back in Time for Dinner" on iview with my 13 yo.  Is the webinar going to be posted online?
  • donas
    donas Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same question as Sister. Will the webcast be available online to watch again or if you know of someone you would like to watch it eg. friends, family, partner.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Options
    Hi @Sister, @donnasteele and @nikov, we will have the webcast available on our website soon. I'll put a link here once it is up.